Cart recovery is a sophisticated solution to target your shoppers leaving the store without buying the items in their cart. Cart recovery sends your shoppers an email with a detailed description of their cart's content along with some additional product recommendations. This is a more tailored and personalized reaction mechanism than the standard abandoned cart.
What does Cart Recovery do?
- The cart contents have been modified.
- The cart still contains items.
- There has been no purchase since the changes to the content.
- There have been no browsing interactions for 30 minutes.
An email is then triggered via an Automation Center program. This email contains:
- The items left in the cart.
- A Predict recommendations block with alternative and complementary product offerings.
- Predefined layouts for state-of-the-art campaign design.
No mail is sent if the cart content has not changed since the last Cart Recovery email - this is to avoid duplicate emails.
The Predict Cart Recovery email is sent out 4 - 12 hours after the cart abandonment. 12 hours would be an extreme case, but 4 -12 hours is our best estimate for the minimum time sending can take, which depends on the amount of traffic on our global system during that specific period of time.
No reporting is available at this stage on the Predict Statistics tab.
How can I get Cart Recovery up and running?
This solution is set up for you by Emarsys Support and incurs a one-time fee. This fee includes the customization of the predefined layouts and an Automation Center program:
The prerequisites are:
- An Emarsys account that is properly set up and ready to send emails.
- The data collection scripts are correctly implemented.
- Predict Email Recommender included in your Emarsys services.
These are the three email layouts available for use with Cart Recovery (including editorial and title recommendations) with different treatment layers on the top of the email. Please note that no responsive design is currently possible – only desktop versions will be created and displayed on mobile devices as well.