We believe in total openness regarding our application. We are proud of our uptime record, but if anything goes wrong we want you to know about it straight away.
That’s why we created the Emarsys Trust page:
The Emarsys Services
At the top of the page you can see an overview of the status of all the Emarsys services, as well as a breakdown by environment.
At the top of the page you can see an overview of the status of all the Emarsys services, or select a cluster from the SWITCH HUB drop-down to see the overview of a specific environment.
These services cover everything that happens in the Emarsys Marketing Platform. Every time we track a click in an email, update a contact, import data, make an API call – this is handled by a service.
In the main overview you can see how many of these services are working properly (UP), how many are suffering and kind of disruption (AFFECTED) and how many are not working at all (DOWN).
If you select an environment (from the SWITCH HUB drop-down), you can see the Service History below, broken down services into 5 types:
- Availability – Whether the Platform is available at all.
- API – The Emarsys API calls.
- Mail Sending - Whether mail sending is available.
- Other Services – Any services not covered by the above two.
- User Interface Responsiveness – This shows whether or not the application pages are being loaded in a timely manner, and whether the controls are responding as expected.
These are listed per Emarsys environment (i.e. the URL you use to log in to your account. In addition to this they are color-coded):
You can filter services by name or show only affected ones.
Subscribing to Notifications
To subscribe to notifications, perform the following steps:
- Click the SUBSCRIBE button in the upper right corner.
- Select the type of notification:
- Email – Emarsys will send email notifications on all events to the email address you provide.
- SMS – Emarsys will send a text message with a brief description and a link to the Trust site to the mobile phone number you provide. Please provide the full international number, with a plus sign and the country or region code prefix (e.g. +43).
- Slack – Emarsys will send notifications on all events to the Slack hook URL you provide.
- Teams – Emarsys will send notifications on all events to the Teams URL you provide.
- Webhook – Emarsys will send an event to the webhook you provide. In this way you can, for example, deactivate API calls in the event of the API not responding, or hide product recommendation widgets if there is an issue with Predict.
- Add your email address/phone number/ Slack hook URL/ etc.
- Choose whether you want to get notifications about All services or some Selected services.
- If you want to subscribe to a specific Emarsys environment, tick Selected services, search for the specific environment name in the Group name column, and select it to include all services.
You can aggregate the list by groups to show only Group names and hide their separate services.
Please note the following:
- You can define as many subscriptions as you like, but only one per email address or mobile phone number.
- We recommend you to subscribe only to your Emarsys environment, and to all the notifications/services within that environment.
- We are currently using a third-party provider for these notification settings and you will have to repeat this step for each subscription you define. We are developing our own solution for this with better usability in this area.
All notifications, whether you subscribe to them or not, are listed by date above Service History, in the Service Notifications section as well as planned maintenances.
Editing and cancelling subscriptions
When you have confirmed your subscription by entering the code we send you, a link is provided where you can edit your subscription settings. You should save this link for future reference. If you lose the link you can get it again by clicking Forgot your link? at the bottom of Subscriptions page. For more information, see Unsubscribing from notifications.
You can cancel a subscription at any time via the Do you want to cancel your subscription? link.
Unsubscribing from notifications
Perform the following steps to unsubscribe from any notifications:
- Select the corresponding hub of your environment (unsubscribing directly from trust.emarsys.com will only show email).
- Click Subscribe.
- Click Forgot your link? at the bottom of the page.
- Select the subscription method and enter the corresponding email address/mobile number/... accordingly.
- Now you can unsubscribe from receiving notifications or edit your subscription choices.
The Trust Calendar
In Services History section there is a calendar showing past and current incidents as well as planned future maintenance. Click an entry to open a page with the full information.
Incidents and maintenance are shown covering the days where they affected the Emarsys Platform. On days without an entry the Platform was performing without disruption on all environments and in all services.