Updating your Magento 2 plugin
Before proceeding to the instructions, please consider the following:
- Follow the steps described in this section only if you are already using the Emarsys for Magento 2 plugin.
- If you are using the Emarsys for Magento 1 plugin, follow the instructions in Migrating from Magento 1 to the Magento 2 v2 plugin.
Please take the following into consideration when updating your Magento 2 plugin to a higher version (e.g. to 2.3.x):
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the Magento plugin.
- The latest plugin version is designed to support the most up-to-date Magento versions.
- The latest versions of the Magento plugins are available here:
- Legacy Magento Plugin (v1) - if the integration started before November 2018: https://github.com/romastepa/3rd-party-integrations-magento-M2
- Middleware Magento Plugin (v2)- if the integration started after November 2018: https://packagist.org/packages/emartech/emarsys-magento2-extension
- Optionally, you can use your testing or sandbox account connected to your development or staging environment. If you don't have any testing or sandbox account, contact your Client Success Manager.
Migrating from Magento 1 to the Magento 2 v2 plugin
To ensure that your plugin functions properly, please contact your Client Success Manager before going live with Magento 2.
The migration procedure consists of two major phases. To make sure that your Magento 2 plugin is working correctly, please follow these guidelines:
1. Preparation: On staging or sandbox accounts
1. You have to create a staging environment by using version 2.3.x of the Magento plugin without the Emarsys extension.
2. Emarsys will create a sandbox account (i.e. a standard account in Emarsys Suite without activating message sending) for you.
3. Emarsys will activate the same products that you use in your real Emarsys account:
a. Magento plugin v2,
b. Predict (Web Extend),
c. Smart Insight.
4. You have to install the latest version of the Magento v2 plugin and create the Connection Token, so we can activate the connection for you.
5. Emarsys will activate the Connection Token and enter your selected Magento store(s) to be synchronized.
6. You have to activate the required features (Customer, Product, Orders, Web Extend, Events) and fields and map the fields to be synchronized.
7. First, data sync will run, then Emarsys will process the result of data sync validation and you will be notified when you can review the result.
8. After you have confirmed that the result of data sync is correct, you can proceed to the next phase.
2. Going live on production
Before proceeding to the instructions below, please make sure that you completed the steps in 1. Preparation: On staging or sandbox accounts.
- Stop sending messages from your account.
- Uninstall the old plugin scripts.
- Remove tables by using the commands provided by Emarsys.
- Install the new Magento v2 plugin.
- Connect your Magento Store(s) to Emarsys.
- Emarsys will assist you with connecting your Connection Token to your Emarsys production account if needed.
- Export all contacts from Emarsys including their
- Emarsys will assist you with activating the required features (Customer, Product, Orders, Web Extend, Events).
- First, data sync will run, then the result of the data sync will be validated.
- Re-import your contacts with Opt-In by using the list of exported contacts (see Step 7).
- Validate and test everything to successfully finalize migrating to the v2 plugin.
- Re-activate message sending from your account.