With Omnichannel Voucher Management you can use vouchers across more channels. It provides a channel-agnostic voucher management experience.
Supported channels are:
The Voucher Management page is located under the Add-ons menu. Here you can upload pools of voucher codes that can be used in Email, SMS, Web, Push and Offline mail campaigns.
What are vouchers?
Vouchers are unique alphanumeric codes specified by you that can be sent to your recipients, who can then redeem them for discounts or special offers. Each voucher code can only ever be sent once, and to one contact.
Vouchers are uploaded to Emarsys in a voucher pool, which is a single column of codes saved in .txt or .csv format, such as:
Working with vouchers
Preparing your voucher file
When preparing the file containing your voucher codes, pay attention to the following:
- The file format must be .txt or .csv.
- A voucher code cannot contain more than 255 characters. If it contains more, only the first 255 will be displayed, potentially rendering the code invalid.
- The file must be UTF-8 encoded.
- The file must not contain any BOM characters.
Creating a voucher pool
To create a voucher pool, proceed as follows:
- Open the Add-ons menu and click Voucher Management.
- Click Add New Pool.
- Enter a name for the pool.
- Browse the voucher file described in the previous step.
- Click Upload.
- If checked, each contact will receive a new code from this pool every time you include this voucher pool in a message. If not checked, contacts will receive the same code that was assigned to them for the first time. Be careful enabling this option with web-channel campaigns as it can consume your pool quickly.
- Set up when to receive a notification if the pool is running out of codes.
- Provide email addresses where to send the notification.
- Block message sending if this voucher pool is used and there are no codes left in the pool.
- Provide a default code to be sent when the pool is empty.
- Click Save. Your pool is ready to be used in campaigns.
Making changes to existing voucher pools
You can perform the following actions on an existing voucher pool using one of the icons in the last column:
- Preview - check the first couple of codes in the voucher pool.
- Edit - change voucher pool settings, see Creating a voucher pool.
- Reset - remove all codes from the pool.
- Delete - delete the entire voucher pool.
- Download - download codes and contacts to whom the codes are assigned to (in case the codes are already used).
Using voucher pools in campaigns
To use the voucher pools in campaigns, you must create a voucher pool personalization token on the Personalization page, under the Campaigns menu.
Click the Create Token button, choose Vouchers from the list and proceed as follows:
- Give your token a name.
- Choose a voucher pool. You can find your voucher pool (created previously according to Creating a voucher pool) in the drop-down.
- This is the ESL code of your voucher token.
- Click Save and your personalization token is ready to use.
You can use the ESL code on channels where there is no UI support for Omni-channel Personalization.
To learn more about personalization use cases and display settings, see Omnichannel personalization - Creating categories and tokens.
Using voucher personalization tokens in block-based email campaigns
You can find your personalization tokens in the personalization sidebar in the Visual Content Editor. Pick a personalization use case or capability from the list to access the associated personalization tokens. You can use these tokens in the campaign by drag-and-dropping them into the campaign body.