While the number of opportunities to interact with your customers is constantly increasing, at the same time, you need to avoid message fatigue. It is vital to keep your contacts interested and thrilled, and to prevent them from unsubscribing. You can orchestrate automated journeys and control message frequency across multiple Interactions and Automation Center programs with the Participation check node.
This node checks whether or not contacts are eligible to continue their journey in your program. Those contacts who fulfill the defined criteria will proceed along the Yes path, those who do not meet the conditions will be directed to the No path.
- As a rule of thumb, we recommend inserting the Participation check node right before your channel nodes (i.e. a Send email, Mobile Engage push message, Send SMS, Mobile in-app - add, custom node, etc.)
- You can use your shared Participation check settings in Automation Center and Interactions programs too.
- When using the same Participation check node settings in multiple programs (i.e. the Make this check available in other programs switch is turned on), then the Participation check node remembers those contacts who already passed through it even if you remove it from and add it again to the program:
- new contacts will continue their journey on the Yes path,
- contacts who have already passed through it will continue their journey on the No path.
Using multiple Participation check nodes within the same program
Suppose that you have an Inactive customer reactivation recurring campaign where you would like to differentiate between VIP and non-VIP customers:
- VIP customers can participate in the program every 30 days,
- Non-VIP customers can participate in the program every 60 days.
In this case, you can add a Participation check node to both branches of the program.
This is how the first Participation check node looks like:
This is how the second Participation check node looks like:
Using the same Participation check node settings in multiple programs
Let’s say that you need to copy your program due to certain modifications but you would like to keep its Participation check settings. In this case, you need to switch the Make this check available in other programs toggle, give it a name, set it as required and the copied program will refer to the same limited audience as well.
Configuring the Participation check node
- You can use multiple Participation check nodes with different frequency settings in the same program.
- If contacts reach the Participation check node again before the specified time period, the node will direct them to the No branch.
- A day in the context of the Participation check node means 24 hours regardless of calendar days.
- The timeframe is limited to a maximum of 13 months.
For more information, see Configuring the Participation check node.