- Please note that this page is subject to change and intended only for SAP colleagues and Partners.
- Currently, Flexible Sales Data is available for clients using the Emarsys Plug-in.
You need to consider the following scenarios when setting up Flexible Sales Data:
The pilot program Flexible Sales Data for Non-Plugins customers is closed and is no longer accepting customers. We have come to this decision and discontinue this functionality to enable the execution of the new Emarsys Strategy.
Setting up Flexible Sales Data for clients using the Emarsys Shopify or Magento Plug-in
You need to turn on Flexible Sales Data on the Plugin Admin page.
- New clients - If you have just started using the Emarsys Shopify or Magento Plug-in, then Flexible Sales Data will work out-of-the-box, you don’t need to do anything.
- Existing clients - You need to switch from the Predict Sales API to Flexible Sales Data. Please contact your Client Success Manager for further assistance.
Sales data is available in
What to do next?
If the client would like to use Loyalty, then please raise a support ticket to enable Loyalty with the following message: “I would like to enable Loyalty for the Plug-in client XY.” where XY is the name of the client.
Please check if following requirements are fulfilled before raising a ticket:
- Flexible Sales Data needs to be set up,
- Sales data has to be uploaded.
- Currently, you cannot delete incorrect sales data or duplicates in Flexible Sales Data.
Can I delete incorrect sales data or duplicates in Flexible Sales Data?
Currently, that's not possible. You can only do so by requesting the relevant team to remove the duplicates and reload the data. If you are interested in this solution, please raise a ticket for the relevant team. If customers using Flexible Sales Data have duplicate sales data in Smart Insight even after removing duplicates from Smart Insight, then follow the steps below:
1. Please open a ticket for the relevant team to fix the duplicate sales data issue for the customer (please add the customer ID to the ticket): the team will run a deduplication script.
2. After that, you need to empty the Smart Insight database as described in Reloading your Smart Insight data.
3. Please raise a Revenue Attribution Service ticket to run a full customer data recalculation.
Do I need to encode data manually?
No, you don't. We recommend using Google Cloud Client Libraries that use base64 encoding by default (these libraries are decoding the event on our side).