You can trigger test events directly within the journey builder in Product Catalog Updates programs.
- Check if the Access Contact Data permission is enabled in your user role:
- Go to Management > User Management, select your user role and click Edit.
- On the Contacts tab, check if Access Contact Data is enabled among your Contacts permissions. If not, please contact your Account Administrator.
2. Select the Only Test Contacts, Sent Manually option.
3. Configure the Node and Program settings, then click Save Settings.
Here is what you need to do to trigger a test event:
- To configure the test event, click Send Test Event.
- Select a test contact.
- You can only select a contact from the Emarsys database. Any contact information in the event data will be ignored. Contact information is only taken into account at Decision nodes based on event data or content personalization. Any marketing communication from any triggered program will be sent to the selected test contact.
- Only the selected contact can receive any marketing communication from any triggered programs.
- You can check and edit the selected contact’s data by clicking the Edit icon.
- The details of the Test Event are displayed.
You cannot change the event selected in the entry node.
- Emarsys randomly selects 10 available products (i.e. where the
availablefield is set to
true) from your most up-to-date product catalog for the payload; these are displayed under Test Event Data. You can edit the sample data or add your own event data for the test event before sending.
- Please note that the set Catalog check schedule, update configurations (e.g. the Minimum price drop value) and the Target audience settings are ignored during testing. Emarsys only checks the products’ availability and selects 10 random items to which the price drop, back in stock or low in stock criteria will not apply.
- If you select a locale in the Product Catalog Updates entry node, then the displayed event data will contain values from the selected locale.
- You can modify the payload by adding other products to the Test Event Data.
- Review the test event settings.
Starting the program might result in sending messages potentially containing personal data. By proceeding, you confirm that you are aware of this risk, and you made sure you selected a test contact to start the program. For more information, see All you need to know about personal data when testing Automation programs.
- After confirming the test configurations, click Send Test Event. The selected event will be sent and it will trigger the current program and others with the selected test contact.
- Make sure your program works as expected and check your messages. You can trigger the event multiple times. To do so, click Send Test Event.
- You can check the test results on the Program Summary page.
You might need to refresh the Program Summary page to see the most recent results. Please, take into account that there is an approximately 2-minute delay on this page.
- When you are finished with testing, check What to do after testing a program?