After you finished setting up Smart Insight and uploaded your sales and product data, proceed to configuring the sales data import for Loyalty under Loyalty configuration > Sales Data Import.
Do not start Loyalty Sales Data import until contact data migration is finished.
Sales Data Import
- Provide the source of the sales data so the Loyalty add-on can correctly import your data:
- Shopify Plugin
- SFTP/ API CSV Upload
We don’t support the newest Magento Plug-in that uses stream onboarding. When using Magento plug-in, please select SFTP/API CSV upload.
We don’t support the earlier Shopify Plug-in, please upgrade to the newest Shopify Plug-in.
If you are using the Shopify plug-in, please check if it is using stream onboarding:
Go to Smart Insight Settings and check under Purchase > Sales Data Source = Upload via Plugin.
If the Sales Data Source is not "Upload via Plugin" ask you Implementation Consultant to upgrade your Shopify plug-in to Stream Onboarding.
- For SFTP or API type uploads, you need to select the field that Loyalty should use to calculate the points:
In case you have any of the following:
- Multiple currencies
- Multiple markets
you need to use
f_original_price, as well as upload
All these fields need to be set as filterable under Management > Smart Insights Settings > Purchase Fields.
The next step is to insert all the markets you want Loyalty to import.
Please keep in mind that if you add markets, you need to update the selection here.
If you use only a use a single currency and want to upload all the data, you can use Price the column.
- Follow up by specifying the start date for the purchases in the sales data to be used for calculating points in the Loyalty plan. Only purchases made after this date will be considered.
Setting the Start Date of Purchase Import will not affect the historical purchases under Loyalty Management → Membership Settings. Even if you set the start date to 01.01.2023, and set the historical purchase to look at the past 6 months, when the user joins will still consider purchases within 6 months that had been made before 01.01.2023. The Start Date of Purchase Import only affects the daily import and the system will not import purchases before 01.01.2023, for migrated or existing members.
Purchases older than 30 days cannot be set.
- Then, specify the start of the data import into Loyalty from Smart Insight. Make sure that Smart Insight has enough time to process the imported sales data before using it in Loyalty. Therefore, select a time at least two hour later after the Smart Insight data load. Use CET for your selection.
- As a last step, activate the sales data import into Loyalty.
- Note, that activating the sales data import is only possible after a plan was launched.
- Smart Insight data reload does not affect Loyalty, only pending points may be recalculated based on new purchase data.
Product Catalog Import
- Under Product Data Import, first define the category separator in your product catalog.
- Then, specify the start of the product catalog import into Loyalty from Smart Insight. Make sure that Smart Insight has enough time to process the imported product data before using it in Loyalty. Therefore, select a time at least two hour later after the Smart Insight data load. Use CET for your selection.
- Lastly, active the product data import.
Under Data Load, you can see the status of previous daily purchase imports (sales data) and daily catalog import (product data). You will see failed loads also here.
For sales data, you will see two types of tasks:
- Copying sales data from Smart Insight to Loyalty
- Importing sales data into Loyalty for processing (one hour after the copying task)
Loyalty repeats the data import process every four hours to ensure a successful load.
Make sure to try a test data load to see if there are any issues during the process. Failed loads will result in the following notification: