Push messages open up a new channel in B2C marketing. They can be highly personalized, even to a 1-to-1 level, which has long been the dream of all marketers. With this in mind, Emarsys created Mobile Engage, allowing you to get in touch with your mobile subscribers – whenever you need to, wherever you need to, and with the right message.
With Emarsys Mobile Engage you can send remote notifications to segmented user groups across multiple platforms and devices.
Emarsys has teamed up with a leading delivery partner to offer a push notification service so that you, the app provider, can deliver timely and personalized push messages to your clients.
In this partnership, Emarsys provides the highly sophisticated tools for segmentation, personalization and content creation, while our delivery partner utilizes their expertise in sending large amounts of push messages.
There are four types of messages:
- Messages to all app users - These are batch campaigns sent to all subscribers to your app, without any segmentation.
- Automation Center messages - These are segmented and/or personalized, usually transactional messages, e.g. "Joe has accepted your friend request", which are sent as part of an Automation Center program.
- Messages to Emarsys segments - These are messages sent to any one of your Emarsys segments.
- Messages to Mobile Engage segments - These are messages sent to Mobile Engage segments. These segments use contacts in the Mobile Engage database, and are listed with the regular Emarsys segments. However, you can use them to create combined segments. For more information, see Mobile Engage Segmentation.
Here is an overview of the Mobile Engage service architecture:
The main components of the Mobile Engage service are as follows:
- Emarsys Mobile Engage
- Our delivery partner
- The app provider (you)
- Apple Push Notification service (APNs – for iOS) and Google Cloud Messaging (GCM – for Android)
The service architecture also contains some additional supporting elements:
- Emarsys B2C Marketing Cloud
- Automation Center
- Various contact databases and application user databases
When a user installs your app and gives it permission to accept push messages, a push token is generated. This is created using data unique to the application and the device. It is later used to deliver the push message to the device.
The messages are created with the Emarsys Mobile Engage service. When saved, they can also be added to an Automation Center program node.
Finally, the message is delivered to the end users’ apps by our delivery partner, with the necessary conditions for triggering them on the device. These conditions are based on customizations applied to the message in Emarsys Mobile Engage or the Automation Center. For more information, see Working With Mobile Engage.