In this article you can learn about the different teams and channels that Emarsys uses to support its customers. Knowing how to contact the right team for any particular issue will greatly reduce the time needed to resolve it.
- The Emarsys Support teams
- Support packages
- How and when to raise a support request
- Choosing the right channel for your request
- Following up your request
- How do I know if I am eligible to submit a request?
- Using this Help Portal
The Emarsys Support teams
We have a number of different teams here at Emarsys, each dedicated to a particular kind of support. Knowing who to turn to for different kinds of help can dramatically reduce the turnaround time required to deal with your request.
Implementation Consultants (IC)
These manage individual projects for you, starting with onboarding. They work within a clearly defined project scope, set out by a Statement of Work (SOW) document that you have signed.
ICs are the person to go to with any request relating to an open implementation project.
Technical Client Services (TCS)
These investigate issues that you are having with the day-to-day working of your Emarsys account. This might be a mistake on your side that you need our help to undo, a configuration on our side that we need to change, or some kind of technology problem that has to be resolved.
TCS is the team to go to for any technical request about the Platform that is not related to an ongoing implementation project.
Client Success Managers (CSM)
Once your onboarding has been successfully completed, you are handed over to a CSM. This will be your main point of contact at Emarsys from then on. They are here to ensure that you can make the most out of your account and are always on hand with advice and suggestions for improvement.
Your CSM is the person to go to if you want to discuss a new implementation project.
In addition to these roles, we have a number of specialists who might be referred to in the course of a support request, such as Deliverability Consultants, Template Specialists, Data Specialists, and so on.
All Emarsys customers have a support package which determines the degree of support that they can expect. This covers the channels they have access to, the number of users who can submit support requests ('support seats'), and the expected response time for urgent issues ('Severity 1').
The support packages are as follows:
||Web, phone, live chat
||Web, phone, live chat
||Web, phone, live chat
Number of support seats
Severity 1 response
||< 3 hours
||< 2 hours
||< 2 hours
||< 1 hour
||Global Support team
||Global Support team
||Designated Support team
||Designated Support Manager
Support service review
||Annual review (detailed report)
||Quarterly review (detailed report)
||Additional support seats
||Additional support seats
- Once a support request is in the system, it is prioritized according to its impact on the customer, not by their support package. In other words, business critical issues (loss of data, potential of missed revenue) will always be treated first regardless of who submitted them.
- In addition to the 'support seats', all customers have an unlimited number of logins to the Help Portal to access the supporting documentation.
If you feel that your current support package is insufficient to meet your requirements, please contact your Success Manager to discuss an upgrade.
How and when to raise a support request
Before anything else, try self-service!
The Emarsys Support teams are here to help. It's what we do. But if there's one thing that we like doing more than helping our customers, it's helping you to help yourselves.
The first action to take when you have a question or an issue with a particular product is to check the relevant troubleshooting articles in this Help Portal.
- If you can find the answer, great! You have just saved yourself a whole load of time.
- If you cannot find the answer, or if you think it is misleading, make sure to include this information in your next escalation step. This will help us to improve the user interface or supporting documentation so the next person can benefit from your experience.
See: Using this Help Portal.
If you have a question, suggestion or comment concerning the content on this Help Portal, you can email our documentation team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot find the answer to your question on this Help Portal, then please contact us. But in order to ensure that a support request reaches the right person as quickly as possible, it is important to use the right channel.
Choosing the right channel for your request
Here is an overview of which channel to use.
- Is your question related to an ongoing implementation project?
If the answer to this is Yes, then your question needs to be submitted via our project management tool. That will ensure that the right people see it and that it is logged and visible to everyone working on this project.
If you have an ongoing project but your request is not related to it, please do not use the PM tool, but rather follow the other workflows described below.
- Do you want to know how to do something in the Platform?
- Do you need the answer right away?
If your question is a straightforward request for information concerning functionality, then picking up the phone or opening a live chat with us is the quickest way to get the answer.
You should first search for the answer in the Help Portal, and it would be very helpful for us to know which articles you have visited without success, so that we can continue to improve this resource.
- If you don't need the answer right away
If you have a general enquiry and don't need an immediate answer, you can email us at: email@example.com.
- Will your request require a member of the Support teams to access your account?
If your account is not behaving as you expect it to, or if you think that a feature is not working as it should, then we may have to access your account and check for ourselves. In order to do this we require a ticket submitted by an authorized user (one with an allocated support seat).
The creation of such a ticket automatically includes permission for us to access your account to perform whatever actions are necessary for the successful resolution of your case.
- Support tickets are a central aspect of our compliance with global data protection standards. We will not log in to your account to investigate its functionality without a valid ticket.
- The email address of the person who raises the ticket must match the email address of their user profile in the platform. Without this authentication we will not accept the ticket.
- This is not related to the Share account feature in the User profile page. That feature is used by the Client Success and Implementation teams, not Technical Support. Even if that feature is enabled, Technical Support will not access your account without a valid ticket.
- Does your request concern additional features, services or any custom developments?
Any request which could result in an update to your contract with us, or modification to an existing SOW, must first go through your Client Success Manager. After you have discussed it with them and agreed the scope, they will assist you by passing this on to the relevant team for implementation.
- Is your request related to your user access or permissions in the Emarsys Platform?
All requests relating to your Emarsys user profile should first go to your Account Owner. Only if they cannot resolve it, should they then escalate the request to us, via a support ticket.
About live chat
You open the chat via the controls in the bottom right corner.
Access to Chat is only available for some Support Packages. Please contact your Success Manager if you would like to upgrade.
This will open the chat window where you can enter your request.
Depending on the availability of our agents, we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
As with email and telephone, using live chat is not recommended for issues that would require our teams to access your account. Only with an existing ticket we can validate your identity and access your account on your behalf.
About telephone support
If you really can't wait for an answer, you can call our customer support team and our agents will help you resolve the issue.
Please make sure you have your account name in hand and access to your account. To speed up your authentication you can also add your phone number to your profile. This way, our agents will identify your Help Portal user faster.
If there's no available agents to take your call, we will ask you to leave a voicemail. We will create a support ticket on your behalf and get back to you as soon as possible.
A list of our the regional support hotlines has been provided on this page (right sidebar, or below if using a mobile device). You will need to log in to the Help Portal in order to see them. If you have no access to our support portal we will not be able to follow up on your request.
As with email and live chat, using the telephone is not recommended for issues that would require our teams to access your account. Only with an existing ticket we can validate your identity and access your account on your behalf.
Emarsys will not provide any support related to user access or security (e.g. reset password or user activation) via chat or phone.
About email support
You must email us from the email address that is associated with your Emarsys user profile. Messages from unknown email addresses will be rejected by our Help Portal!
Email is suitable for generic requests that are not time or business critical.
To help us answer your query faster, always include the following information in your email:
- Your Emarsys account(s)
- The URL where you access your Emarsys account
- A detailed description of your query
You will receive an automated reply mail containing links to suggested articles on our Help Portal. Please check these links immediately as they may contain the answer to your question, saving you valuable time.
As with live chat and telephone, using email is not recommended for issues that would require our teams to access your account, as we might not be able to use it to validate your identity and access your account on your behalf.
About support tickets
Our main channel for support requests is the ticketing system on this Help Portal. This is available to a certain number of users, based on your support package. Support requests are required for any task that involves accessing your account or handling your data.
Click Submit a request to open a new support request form.
When you submit a request, you can save us all a lot of time by including as much information as possible.
In addition to the mandatory fields, make sure to include:
- A detailed description of what you are trying to do, or the problems you have encountered.
- Attach screenshots if possible - they are always helpful.
For security reasons, do not attach or share your real data files in a request. Always use dummy data if you are attaching a .csv file. If we need to check your data we can do that after we have received the request.
After you click Submit, we will send you an email confirming the submission. This email may contain some suggested articles for you to read. Please check these straight away as they may provide the answer to your question.
If this is your first request, your mail client may not recognize our support email address. If you do not see an email from us in your inbox after 10 minutes, please check your Spam folder and then add us to your safe sender list.
Following up your request
After you have received the confirmation email from us, you can check on the progress of your request as follows:
- Click your user name in the top right of the portal and then click My Activities.
- You will see the list of tickets created by you or other colleagues in your company. You can filter tickets by Status, access your tickets, edit them, add additional comments or close them.
How do I know if I am eligible to submit a request?
To submit a support request, you must:
- be logged in to our Help Portal
- have been allocated a support seat
If you can see the Submit a request link in the top right of the portal, then you have a support seat and can raise a ticket (if you want to bookmark this form in your browser, the link is: https://help.emarsys.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).
If you are logged in and cannot see the Submit a request link, but see Need help? instead, that means you do not have a support seat.
Different support packages have a different number of support seats allowed; if you require more, please talk to your Client Success Manager about upgrading your package.
Using this Help Portal
If you have an issue with the Emarsys Marketing platform, this Help Portal should be the first place to look for the solution.
Using your login
Much of the information on this Help Portal is publicly available, but a lot is also protected and requires a login. You will also need to log in before you can raise a support request, or use the chat function (if your support package includes it).
To request a login user for this portal for yourself or for a colleague, speak to your Implementation Consultant if you have an open implementation project, otherwise contact your Client Success Manager.
We strongly recommend that you always log in when using this portal.
- If you leave the Stay signed in checkbox in the login pop-up empty, you will be automatically logged out after eight hours of inactivity.
- If you activate this checkbox, you will only be logged out after two weeks of inactivity.
We offer some, but not all, of this portal's content in all our supported languages. However, please be aware that the master language of this portal is English.
If there is any kind of discrepancy between this and the content in another language, that may be because the English has recently been updated and the translated content has not yet been uploaded.
If in doubt, always trust the English version.
Giving us your feedback
If you find an issue with the documentation, or if you feel that some important content is missing or not clear, please open a support ticket so that our documentation team can improve it for the next person.