In Magento you can define certain transactional messages, for example a Confirmation Linkemail, Welcome email or Order Confirmation email. These messages can be triggered in the Emarsys application by associating the event in question with an Emarsys campaign.
Proceed as follows:
- In the Magento admin module, navigate to System > Configuration > Emarsys Connect > Transactional Mail setup.
- In the Enable Emarsys transactional mails drop-down, select Yes.
- Click Save Config to save the settings.
For the transactional emails to work, you need to map the event in Magento that triggers the email with an external event in Emarsys. This external event ensures that the right Emarsys campaign is launched.
The controls for this are found on the Magento Dashboard under Emarsys Email.
- Click Magento Events to display the list of default Magento events, their configuration path and the associated template.
- To add a Magento template to the list, navigate to System Transactional Emails.
- Go to the configuration path and select the required template from the dropdown.
- The selected template will now be listed under Magneto Events.
SUPPORTED MAGENTO EVENTS
The following Megento events are supported by the Emarsys for Magento integration:
Credit Memo Update
Credit Memo Update for Guest
Forgot Admin Password
Gift Registry Sharing
Gift Registry Update
Invoice Update for Guest
New Credit Memo
New Credit Memo for Guest
New Invoice for Guest
New Order for Guest
New RMA for Guest
New Shipment for Guest
New Account Confirmation Key
New Account Confirmed
Newsletter Subscription Confirmation
Newsletter Subscription Success
Newsletter Unsubscribe Success
Order Update For Guest
RMA Admin Comments
RMA Admin Comments for Guest
RMA Authorization for Guest
RMA Customer Comments
Rewards Points Balance Update
Rewards Points Expiry Warning
Send Product to a Friend
Share Wish List
Shipment Update for Guest
Store Credit Update
- Click Emarsys Events to display the list of Emarsys external events and their IDs. This list will be empty the first time you open it.
- Click Update Schema to fill the list with Emarsys events.
- To add an Emarsys event to the list, open your Emarsys account and navigate to Automation External Events.
- Create your external event there. It is a good idea to name it as closely as possible to the Magento event you will match it to.
- Back in your Magento account, click Update Schema to refresh the list. Your new Emarsys event should now be visible.
- For each Magento event that you want to map, select the corresponding Emarsys event from the drop-down.
- Click Save Mapping to save your configuration.
- If you are unsure about which events to map, click Recommended Mapping. This will try to find the right Emarsys events based on their names.
Note: Emarsys event mapping is one-to-one per website. This means that if you have multiple stores in your Magento account you will need to map each one separately.
Since your Magento contacts are synchronized with Emarsys, you can of course include in your email content all the regular personalization variables available in the Emarsys application, including conditional content and section targeting. However, there may be important information about the event that triggers the email that is only available in Magento (for example, the URL of the confirmation link in a confirmation email).
To add this Magento content to your Emarsys email, you must add special Magento placeholders to the email content.
In your Emarsys account, add the placeholders to the email content, with a double-% either side (for example, the variable
first_name should be written in the email content as
Note: These Emarsys placeholders can be any text and are only used to make sure the right values in the JSON object are added to the right place in the email. They do not reference the Emarsys database and do not have to be the string IDs of Emarsys fields. We recommend that you name them as closely as possible to the Magento variables you will match them to.
Mapping Magento variables to Emarsys placeholders
Once you know which placeholders are being used in which emails, and you have mapped the corresponding events, you need to map the Magento variables with the Emarsys placeholders. You will need to do this for each Magento event. Proceed as follows:
- On the Magento Emarsys Event Mapping page, click Placeholders next to the event in question.
- For each Magento variable, add the corresponding Emarsys placeholder.
- Click Save Mapping.
Once you have mapped your events and fields, check that your email campaigns are correctly configured in Emarsys.
- In your Emarsys account, navigate to each campaign and open the Email Settings. Make sure that the Recipient source is set to Generated through an event and then select the appropriate external event.
- In the Campaign Scheduling, make sure this is set to launch Exactly on event.
- In your Magento account, navigate to System Configuration and from the left menu select Customer Configuration.
- For each of the available options you can define a transactional email. In this example we will look at Create New Account Options, which has three welcome emails as part of a double opt-in registration process.
- Under Default Welcome Emails, select the template you want to use and click Save Config.
- Repeat this step for the Confirmation Link Email and the Welcome Email.
Now the Emarsys email campaigns associated with the template will trigger every time the corresponding trigger is activated in Magento.
The Emarsys web collection scripts will pass most of your purchase data to Emarsys, but there is additional order data that these scripts do not track, for example shipping information, expected delivery dates or payment methods with third-party providers such as PayPal.
You can bring this information into Emarsys and use it for Smart Insight segmentation or as part of an automated program by exporting orders to Emarsys based on their statuses. Proceed as follows:
- In the Magento admin module, navigate to System > Configuration > Emarsys Connect > Smart Insight.
- In the Order Statuses section, select the statuses for which orders should be exported. You can make multiple selection by holding down the CTRL key.
The Emarsys Magento 1 extension supports all the statuses for orders to be exported.
Note: This feature simply exports the data to Emarsys. You will have to make sure that the right fields exist in the Emarsys database for you to be able to act on this data.