New features in November, 2017:
- Multiple attachments supported.
In This Article:
What is Triggered Email?
Triggered Email is the Emarsys solution for sending time-critical email messages via their own dedicated mail-sending architecture (PMTAs) to ensure that delivery is immediate and unaffected by any other activities on your account.
It is also the only Emarsys solution for sending email attachments.
How does it work?
Triggered Email consists of two parts: external events and mail streams.
- External events are identifiers that use the API to link an action (such as a purchase) to a mail stream, providing the data needed for the message and triggering the email.
- Mail streams are email templates that are copied, personalized, and launched when their associated event is triggered. These are differentiated from other event-based emails by having their own dedicated sender domain registered by Emarsys.
When should I be using it?
Triggered Email is optimized for speed and deliverability, so you should be using this product instead of event-based email campaigns if you need to send important, time-critical messages to your customers.
For a full list of use cases, click here.
- Triggered email dashboard.
- Copy and re-use existing email campaigns for Triggered Email mail streams.
- Create new mail streams.
- Personalize emails with contact and/or transactional data.
- Launch broadcast mail streams without referencing your Emarsys database.
- Add attachments.
- Trigger emails via the API.
- Trigger emails via an external integration.
- Use triggered email with the Automation Center.
- Stop emails without attachments from being sent (optional).
- Pause and edit live mail streams.
- Track deliverability and responses over time.