A contact is an end customer to whom specific content can be sent by an Emarsys client, i.e. a potential recipient of marketing campaigns. Fields are used to store various data and their IDs are used to differentiate between the content fields for each contact (e.g. first name is 1, family name is 2, and email is 3, etc.). Click here for a list of all available system fields.
Contacts can be grouped into either Contact Lists or Segments. The difference is that a Contact List is created when contacts are added manually or imported, but a Segment is where contacts are included if they meet a certain filtering criteria.
Contact field endpoints
Contact list endpoints
- Creating a Contact List
- Adding Contacts to a Contact List
- Renaming a Contact List
- Counting Contacts in a Contact List
- Replacing a Contact List
- Listing Available Contact Lists
- Listing Contacts in a Contact List
- Querying Contact Data from a Contact List
- Check a Contact in a Contact List
- Removing Contacts from a Contact List
- Deleting a Contact List
- Creating a Segment
- Creating a Combined Segment
- Counting Contacts in a Segment
- Listing Segments
- Listing Combined Segments
- Listing Contacts in a Segment
- Querying Combined Segment Data
- Querying Contact Criteria in a Segment
- Check a Contact in a Segment
- Updating a Combined Segment
- Updating Contact Criteria in a Segment
- Deleting a Segment
Contact source endpoints
Each Emarsys account has its own internal blacklist and the email address of any contact who complains about an email they received from you is immediately added to it. From this moment onwards they are blocked from receiving any more emails from you.
You can also add email addresses and email domains to the blacklist manually or via the endpoint below.