On the Trends page you can view different response metrics for multiple email campaigns over time, giving you an insight into longer-term changes in your customers’ behavior. You can select campaigns by their launch date and by their category; you can also search for individual campaigns and compare them side by side.
As a quick reminder, here is the onboarding video about Email Trend Reporting:
All responses shown on this page are attributed to the launch date of the campaign, regardless of when they happened (the default period for tracking campaign responses is 13 months).
The Trends page does not display response metrics for Broadcast Triggered Emails, these are neither tracked nor included in the reports, except for the Usage report on the Triggered Email Dashboard.
This page has many of the standard reporting controls, as well as a few additional features, described below.
Selecting the timeframe
You have three options for selecting the timeframe of the campaign launch:
- Enter the start and end dates manually.
- Select them from the calendar.
- Select a preset range from the list.
Click Apply to refresh the charts, or click Apply & select campaigns manually to open the Campaign selector and fine-tune your selection.
You can also change the timeframe by using your mouse cursor to select a date range on the charts themselves. This will automatically update and save your selection.
Selecting the campaigns
The Campaign selector drop-down is where you select the campaigns that you want to analyze.
First, filter the list by:
- Selecting the campaign category.
- Using the dynamic search field to enter all or part of the campaign name (you can use multiple search terms, separated by commas, to broaden your selection).
- Selecting the campaign type (Ad hoc, on-event or recurring).
- Once you have filtered the list, you can manually add and remove individual campaigns by using the check boxes.
- Click Apply to save your selection and update the charts. The total number of campaigns selected is shown in the title bar.
Once you have selected your campaigns, you can sort the list again without losing that selection. In this way you can analyze multiple campaigns of different types and from different categories.
- To see all the emails that you have selected, click Show only selected.
- Click Select all to select all the campaigns currently in the list; Click Deselect all to clear this selection. Note that these controls only work on the campaigns currently in the list, and not on the entire selection. You can keep track of your selection via the numbers to the right.
- To clear the entire selection and display all emails available for the time range, click Clear All Filters.
Exporting the data
Click Publish to download your current selection as a .csv or .pdf file. The .pdf is simply an exact copy of what you see, while the .csv contains all responses for the selected campaigns, not just those currently visible.
Please note that if the selected time frame covers more than 1000 campaigns launched, .pdf format is not available. You can only download these data in .csv format.
Once you have made your campaign selection, the Trend Reporting tab shows you the following metrics.
The top section shows the total number of emails sent, their combined open and click statistics, and their deliverability metrics.
Below this you can select the individual metrics for all delivered emails, and also view the bounces. Hover your mouse cursor over the graph to see the exact figures for that day.
You can toggle between the Total (absolute figures) and the Rate (relative percentages).
At the bottom is a table with a summary of all the campaign statistics, grouped by launch date.
Comparing campaigns side by side
The Comparison tab is identical to the Trend Reporting tab, except that instead of the chart showing metrics over time, it shows a straight Comparison of the selected campaigns and their metrics.
Comparing different launches of the same campaign
The Comparison tab is a very useful way to compare different launches of the same campaign, for example recurring campaigns, or the 12 launches of a campaign sent using Send Time Optimization. Even though the bar chart will show only a single figure, the metrics are shown in detail for every launch in the table below, and can also be exported.
If you have the Emarsys web data collection scripts installed, you will also have a Revenue Reporting tab which gives you a detailed overview of your conversion funnel. This shows the total revenue, purchases and average order value for the selected time period, along with the standard response metrics. The bar chart shows figures in absolute terms, the graph shows the percentage rates.