- Can Predict combine online and offline data to improve recommendations?
- Can Predict data collection scripts be implemented via Google Tag Manager?
- Does Predict support mobile applications?
- Does Predict use machine learning from other Emarsys client accounts?
- Email Personal Recommender vs. Post-Purchase Recommender? When should I use which?
- Email vs. Web Personal recommendations? Will both show the same products? And if not, why not?
- How can I recommend only items that are in stock?
- Is Predict SEO-friendly. Or, more precisely, are the recommender widgets displayed on the my website SEO-friendly?
- Is visitor data safe with Predict?
- My product image does not display within the Email Widget Designer – is there a limitation on the size of the image?
- Are multiple Predict accounts with one Emarsys account possible?
- Will the Predict scripts slow my website?
- I have an international website. Visitors from different countries or regions buy different products. What should be done in order to be sure I recommend the right products to each audience?
- Which time zone is reflected within the Web Extend Information on the Live Events page?
- What is Predict web recommendations response time?
- What is the level of Predict uptime?
- What degree of language support do you offer?
- How and when do you judge a cart to be abandoned?
- When and how does Web Extend update the Web Behavior fields?
Can Predict combine online and offline data to improve recommendations?
Yes. On the Historical Sales Data page you can jumpstart the recommender by importing historical data, but also regularly import sales data from offline sources.
Historical sales data and regular sales data enrich the recommendations related to accessories and complementary products. These sales data files are not used for personalization (e.g. they are not used in the case of post-purchase tactics).
Can Predict data collection scripts be implemented via Google Tag Manager?
Yes. If you are comfortable using Google Tag Manager, you can do the integration this way. Having said that, you will still need to review the Predict documentation to make sure you are sending all the required information. You will also have to check that all the correct scripts have been added in relation to various events and the required input variables included.
Does Predict support mobile applications?
However, in this case there are additional details to cover relating to user identification, tracking, etc. Before committing to such a project, please discuss the specifications with the Emarsys Predict team.
Does Predict use machine learning from other Emarsys client accounts?
No. Each Emarsys client’s data and analysis results are stored separately. Even crowd behavior from similar industry verticals is treated confidentially. We take data security very seriously and mean it when we promise not to use your data for other than your own benefit.
Email Personal Recommender vs. Post-Purchase Recommender? When should I use which?
Unlike the Email Personal Recommender, which will show products that a contact might be interested in buying depending on their online behavior, the Post-Purchase Recommender widget will show products which are specifically correlated to their last purchase. As an example, let’s suppose they just browsed your website and ended up purchasing a digital camera. While Email Personal will show more digital cameras (according to your online behavior, you’re interested in cameras), the Post-Purchase Recommender will show memory cards, camera cases, etc.
Therefore, as a best practice:
- Email Personal should be part of routine newsletters and email retargeting.
- Post-Purchase should be included in emails which are going out around a day or so after a purchase was made (which can also be triggered by an Interactions program).
Who designs the Email Recommendations?
You do. If you are using VCE, you can include great-looking recommendations as part of the email creation process. If you prefer to use your own HTML code, you can use the Email Widget Designer to integrate the recommendations in your email.
Email vs. Web Personal recommendations? Will both show the same products? And if not, why not?
By default they are using mostly the same signals/models, but on a different schedule. On the website these recommendations are displayed in real time, meaning that they change as the session progresses and each new page is loaded. In contrast, email recommendations are calculated nightly, so that the email content is stable and does not change while the recipient is reading it.
How can I recommend only items that are in stock?
This is a built-in feature of Predict: stock availability is controlled through the catalog. Items that are temporarily out of stock or no longer offered should still be included in the catalog, but the field Available should be marked as FALSE. These products will not be displayed in the recommender widget, but will be included in the analysis.
Is Predict SEO-friendly. Or, more precisely, are the recommender widgets displayed on the my website SEO-friendly?
Is visitor data safe with Predict?
Yes. Predict only collects behavior data using anonymized customer IDs, and it and anonymizes visitor cookies. No personally identifiable information is managed or handled within Predict.
My product image does not display within the Email Widget Designer – is there a limitation on the size of the image?
Yes. There is a limit of 1 MB for product images in the Email Widget Designer; larger images will not be displayed. In addition to this, image dimensions should not exceed 1280 x 1280 px or the image will not be displayed.
The Live Event View shows all images the same way as a browser does, so please make sure the images look good in the Email Widget Designer, too. The Email Widget Designer shows the actual email recommender image, exactly as it will render in an email.
Are multiple Predict accounts with one Emarsys account possible?
No. In a single Emarsys account we can only put one Predict dashboard and can only connect the CMS to one Predict account. With Website Recommender there is less of an issue with multiple predict accounts, obviously.
Will the Predict scripts slow my website?
I have an international website. Visitors from different countries or regions buy different products. What should be done in order to be sure I recommend the right products to each audience?
Nothing! If there really are such regional tendencies, since all visitors are interacting with the same recommender engine, the engine will learn from this and reflect these differences automatically. And because individual customers get the PERSONAL recommender widget, which uses personal browsing history, this whole issue is not relevant for the personal email and website recommendations.In other words, this is precisely how Predict is designed to work and there is no need to customize the engine or the data-collection in this matter. All localization options in Predict are related to managing languages, and differences in stock/availability.
Which time zone is reflected within the Web Extend Information on the Live Events page?
Can I use product images with Chroma subsampling?
No. Make sure that you upload product images that do not use Chroma subsampling. This compression technique is not supported and your image will not be shown in recommendation widgets.
What is Predict web recommendations response time?
This depends on what you mean by ‘response time’. Our server-side latency for answering a web recommendation request is below 1 millisecond at the 99th percentile. The client-side response time will be determined by network latency – as our servers are located in Ireland, this works out to be around 10-40 milliseconds for most of Europe.
What is the level of Predict uptime?
Our uptime on the current AWS infrastructure averages 99.998% over the year (12 minutes downtime in total).
What degree of language support do you offer?
Recommender widgets display information from the product catalog – whatever is passed on from your database is displayed in the widget. Therefore there are no language issues here. Even if your online business is international, and offered to users in different countries or regions and under different domains (e.g. international mystore.com site, and localized mystore.co.uk), this is not a problem.
Multi-domain integration uses a single, aggregated product catalog that contains all the localized variants of the catalog data for each item ID. Localized data (product names, prices, etc.) need to be added to your main store catalog export. The Emarsys Predict Dashboard and supporting documentation are currently only available in English but will be translated into all Emarsys languages soon.
How and when do you judge a cart to be abandoned?
When a visitor browses a site we track their activity and check the contents of their shopping cart. This activity is stored in the web behavior fields.
A cart is considered abandoned when:
- The cart contents have been modified.
- The cart still contains items.
- There has been no purchase since the changes to the content.
- There have been no browsing interactions for 30 minutes (i.e. 30 minutes after the visitor has left the website).
If one of the cart items was purchased, the remaining items are not considered to be abandoned.
The relevant web behavior fields (predict last abandoned date, etc.) are updated every 3-4 hours.
Emarsys offers the following out-of-the box solutions to cart abandonment:
- Predict cart recovery
- Abandoned cart Tactic
- Abandoned cart programs in Interactions
- Fast Abandoned Cart Tactic
Please note that Predict may detect a cart as modified when the cart page is translated using Google Translate in some cases.
When and how does Web Extend update the web behavior fields?
All the web behavior fields are updated in cycles that run every 3-4 hours.
- Fields with session and purchase data are updated with new values, if any events have been registered since the previous update. If not, they are left untouched. This means that the predict last session fields, for example, will always contain data from the last session no matter how long ago that was.
- Fields with abandonment data are emptied of their values if the criteria for abandonment (see above) have not been met since the last update.