The Customer Lifecycle tab gives you a detailed breakdown of the current state of all your customer lifecycle stages.
As a quick reminder, here is the onboarding video about Customer Lifecycle:
The two graphs split the customers up by lifecycle stage and by buyer status.
Please note that when a contact is deleted, all of the data relating to that contact is also deleted. This will retrospectively affect any reports which use contact-level data. Contact deletion may affect the reports available under Analytics > Customer Lifecycle. You may experience the following changes:
- figures may change in all charts because contact deletion affects all calculations.
- deleting contacts also affect conversion rates, the AOV (Average Order Value) and lifecycle calculations.
For more information on the effects of contact deletion, see What happens to deleted contacts in Emarsys?
For more information on how to create a segment using this report or how to update the chart, see Smart Insight Attributes.
Customers by lifecycle stage
Customers are categorized per stage as follows (The exact parameters are defined during the setup process. For more information, see Modifying your Smart Insight settings.):
- First-time buyer - Only one purchase ever, made in the last 90 days.
- Active buyer - Has made a purchase in the last 90 days and has made more than one purchase in total.
- Defecting buyer - Has not made a purchase in the last 90 days but has made at least one purchase in the past.
- Inactive buyer - Has not made a purchase in the last 365 days but has made at least one purchase in the past.
In addition to this, each column is sorted by recency; the darker the shade, the more recent the engagement (and the more valuable the customers). Hover the mouse over each one to see the exact definition.
Customers by buyer status
The Buyer Status chart categorizes customers based on their spending levels using the last two years’ worth of historical data (The exact limits for each threshold are also defined during setup. For more information, see Modifying your Smart Insight settings.).
- Low spender - E.g. up to €50.
- Normal - E.g. up to €200.
- Silver - E.g. up to €500.
- Gold - E.g. up to €1000.
- Platinum - E.g. more than €1,000.
Filtering the charts
As well as using the standard set of Smart Insight attributes to filter the charts by contact or purchase criteria, you can also use the Measure section to define which metric the charts display. The choices are:
- The total number of contacts currently in each stage.
- The average spent by the contacts currently in each stage.
- The total spent by all the contacts currently in each stage.
Select whichever reporting you want and then click Update Charts.