This is a general article to provide you information for setting up your Web Channel campaigns.
This feature must be enabled for you by Emarsys Support, and requires steps 1. and 2. of the Web Extend Data Collection Scripts to be implemented.
- Creating an Embedded Web Channel campaign
- Creating an Overlay Web Channel campaign
- Creating a Ribbon Web Channel campaign
- Creating a Web Channel campaign for Automation Center
- Managing Web Channel campaigns
- Web Channel - Troubleshooting
As a quick reminder, here is the onboarding video about Setting up Web Channel Campaigns:
Selecting your campaign template
The Web Channel campaign templates come with a preset design that is easy for you to adapt to your brand and content. As you make your choices, the number of available campaign templates will be reduced to display only those which are suitable for your needs.
To create a new Web Channel campaign based on templates, proceed as follows:
- Go to Campaigns > Web Channel > Campaigns tab and click Create Campaign.
- Select the template you want to use for your campaign, based on the values you set:
- Hover your cursor over the campaign template you want and click Create Campaign.
- Optionally, you can create a blank campaign, if you do not want to use any of the templates.
You can edit an existing campaign listed under the Campaigns tab, if you don't want to create a new one. You cannot edit a campaign, if the Status is any of the following:
- Active and awaiting publishing
Select the strategy of your campaign according to your objective, as follows:
- Contact acquisition – To use a sign-up form in your Web Channel campaign.
You cannot use the Change Profile form type in Web Channel campaigns.
- Unintrusive messaging – To create a less intrusive campaign.
- Customer reactivation – To win back and reactivate your churning customers.
- Browse recovery – To re-engage your visitors and turn them back before they want to leave your site.
- Opt-in re-permissioning – To allow your contacts to set the "opt-in" field to true if they forgot to opt in during registration.
Creating a blank campaign
You can create a blank Web Channel campaign, if you do not want to use the preset design and configuration of any templates.
- Click the Create Blank Campaign button in the upper-right corner.
- Choose your preferred campaign type, according to your needs.
To make sure your click and submit events appear on Web Channel's reporting dashboard, add the following properties to your interactable HTML elements:
data-wps-cta="true"- Add it to any links or buttons where clicks should be registered as "click" events.
class="wpst-submit"- Add it to any links or buttons where clicks should be registered as "submit" events.
Web Channel gives you various formats to apply to your campaigns. For a detailed description, see Which Web Channel campaign format to use?
You can select from the following campaign formats:
Edit your Web Channel campaign with any of the following editors, according to your needs or earlier editor selection:
- Visual Editor - If you design the campaign yourself either for desktop or for mobile users, you will want to use our Visual Editor, which might be familiar to you from the block-based email editor (VCE). If you have selected a Visual Editor-based campaign you can display it for visitors who are checking your site on Mobile, or just for Desktop users.
- Variables Editor - As part of the Visual Editor, Variables Editor enables you to customize layout elements. You can define the values (colors, images, size, etc.) of variables for each element of a template.
Web Channel reporting cannot differentiate between desktop and mobile impressions in Visual Editor-based campaigns. This works only for HTML campaigns.
- Creative Selector - In case of Overlay campaigns, you can create a form or a "post registration".
You will not be able to change the editor in the campaigns later, so make sure you select the right version at this stage.