This step consists of the following procedures:
- Select the data source you would like to use. You can choose from the following options:
- Upload custom CSV - Choose this option if you would like to upload your product data to the SFTP in CSV files. Smart Insight will automatically fetch your product data files daily.
- Using the Flexible Product Catalog - Choose this if your data is handled by our Flexible Product Catalog solution. For more information, see Flexible Product Data Integration. If you select this option, then you don’t need to upload the first 5-10 rows of your product data file (as described in Step 2) and Emarsys will configure certain fields by default.
- This step is only required if you have selected the Upload custom CSV option: After clicking Next, copy the first 5-10 rows of your product data file and paste them here, then click Next.
Make sure that the first row contains the field names (header).
- This step is only required if you have selected the Upload custom CSV option: Emarsys tries to automatically detect the format of your product data files, and then recognizes the delimiter and quote characters used in your file. Here you can modify the product file name pattern. If the product catalog is enabled in your account, we recommend that you use the default file name pattern.
- The system detects the fields you use for identifying your products and for storing category paths and product names. Check the result of auto-detection and select the right fields if necessary. If you use a custom naming convention and auto-detection results in a mismatch, then select the right unique identifier keys from the drop-downs.
- At the Product Field References you can select the field you use to identify your products and link them to purchases. The values of this column will be matched to the product identifier field values in your uploaded sales data files. You can select as many fields as you want for filtering.
If you use Predict catalog or Google Product Feed that is also synced through Predict, please contact Emarsys Support to get a file sample from the final product CSV.
Make sure that the first row of the sample file contains the column headers and that these correspond to the data structure you will actually use. Otherwise the CSV sample does not have to contain valid product data as we only use it for detecting the structure and the special characters used.
On this page, you can also enter a file name pattern that you will use for your product data files. We can accept any name, the only thing we require is a wildcard character before the .csv extension (e.g.
my_catalog*.csv). This will allow you to make each file name unique, for example, by adding a timestamp to the name.
If you upload your product catalog through the Predict Data sources site and you would like to use the same file in Smart Insight, then we recommend that you keep the default file name (i.e.
product*.csv). In this case, the product data file that you upload to the Predict Data sources site will be loaded into Smart Insight and its name will follow the default pattern.
Make sure that you are familiar with the file name pattern you enter here as you will always have to use this naming convention in the future to upload your product data to our SFTP server.
Important: If the name of the product data file that you upload to the SFTP server does not correspond to the naming pattern you provide here, the file will not be accepted. Changing the file name of the uploaded file on the SFTP server will not help either!
For more information on how to manage online and offline product data in Smart Insight, see How should I manage online and offline product data in Smart Insight?