This step consists of the following procedures:
- Select the data source you would like to use. You can choose from the following options:
- Upload custom CSV - Choose this option if you would like to upload your sales data to the SFTP in CSV files. Smart Insight will automatically fetch your sales data files daily.
- Upload via Plugin - Choose this option if your sales data will be handled by the Emarsys Shopify or Magento plug-in. If you select this option, then you don’t need to upload the first 5-10 rows of your sales data file and Emarsys will configure certain fields by default. For more information, see Magento 2 Integration Manual (v2) - Orders and Uploading Shopify Orders to Emarsys.
- This step is only required if you selected the Upload custom CSV option: After clicking Next, copy the first 5-10 rows of your sales data file and paste them here, then click Next.
Make sure that the first row contains the field names (header).
- This step is only required if you selected the Upload custom CSV option: Emarsys tries to automatically detect the format of your sales data files, and then recognizes the delimiter and quote characters used in your file. Here you can change the file name pattern. If you are using the API, leave the file name pattern as it is.
- The system automatically detects the fields used for identifying contacts, products, orders, purchase date, the total price of the order and the purchased quantity. If you use a custom naming convention and the auto-detection results in a mismatch, select the right unique identifier keys from the drop-downs.
- You need to select the fields from the sales file that you would like to use for filtering and for creating contact segments.
- We recommend that you select all the necessary fields for filtering at this stage because changes after the first historical data load will require a full reload.
- To avoid having issues with timestamps and timezone in the Revenue Attribution Service, we recommend specifying the timestamp in local time with timezone offset information. For more information, see the timestamp standard field.
Make sure the required fields are entered case-sensitively, or otherwise those will not be recognized by the system. 'Price' is not the same as 'price'. 'Price' is recognized as a custom field and will get a prefix, such as f_, which will look like f_Price. In this case the price field will be missing.
Make sure that the first row of the sample file contains the column headers and that these correspond to the data structure that you will use. Otherwise the CSV sample does not have to contain valid sales data as we only use it for detecting the structure and the special characters used.
On this page, you can also enter a file name pattern that you will use for your sales data files. We can accept any name, the only thing we require is a wildcard character before the .csv extension (e.g.
my_sales*.csv). This will allow you to make each file name unique, for example, by adding a timestamp to the name.
If you would like to upload the sales data file through the API, then we recommend that you use the default file name (i.e.
sales_items*.csv). In this case, the sales data file that you upload through the API will be loaded into Smart Insight and its name will follow the default pattern.
Make sure that you are familiar with the file name pattern you enter here as you will always have to use this naming convention in the future to upload your sales data to our SFTP server.
- If the name of the sales data file that you upload to the SFTP server does not correspond to the naming pattern you provide here, the file will not be accepted. Changing the file name of the uploaded file on the SFTP server will not help either!
- On the Sales Data Fields page, select all the fields that you may ever want to use for Smart Insight filtering. Adding or removing new fields later will require a complete reload of your entire sales history. Refer to the detailed information available at Smart Insight Settings>Purchase fields>Resetting the purchase fields page.
- When uploading your historical sales data file to Smart Insight, make sure that you upload your historical product data file as well at the same time. To ensure that Smart Insight calculations and analytics work properly, the product catalog has to include the items the sales data file is referring to. Otherwise, Smart Insight reports will contain unknown products and this issue cannot be resolved even by uploading your historical product data file again.