All the new customers of your solution can provision the required environments using the service provided in the SAP for Me customer portal.
SAP for Me is the default solution for provisioning your solution. See your Service Description for further details about allocated environments.
Using SAP for Me to Provision Environments
SAP for Me provides personalized access, and a transparent view of your product portfolio, giving you control over your environments and their availability. Use it to view and provision the systems (environments) that you are entitled to access.
You have an S-user ID.
To provision your environment(s), perform the following steps:
- Go to SAP for Me .
- Click Sign in.
- Enter your email address, S-user ID or login name, and click Continue.
- Enter your password.
- Click Log On.
- The SAP for Me portal opens.
If you forget your password, click Forgot password and enter your S-user ID into the Forgot My Password panel.
- On the SAP for Me portal, click Me as Customer in the side navigation.
- Select the Systems & Provisioning dashboard from the submenu.
- The Systems & Provisioning page opens, displaying a series of system overview cards.
- Click the Provisioning tab at the top of the page.
- The Provisioning page opens, displaying the Products Available for Provisioning, containing all entitlements with the status "Open".
- Locate the relevant entitlement (environment) by checking the Product, Entitlement Role (environment type), and Entitled Materials columns.
By clicking any of the Materials entries opens details of the license materials, including the entitled quantity, order ID, and duration.
- Click Start Provisioning next to the entitlement (environment) that you want to provision.
If the Start provisioning button is inactive, see Provisioning Help for hints on possible reasons.
- Click Submit in the Start New Provisioning Request confirmation message.
- The status of the item in the card changes to In Process.
- The request to provision is sent to CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- In the Provisioning Status card, the requested provisioning status changes to Provisioning triggered, and corresponding information in the Triggered at and Triggered by columns is updated.
- When provisioning is complete, the status changes to Provided and the provisioned entity's system number is displayed in the Provisioned System column. Please note that you may need to refresh the browser page after a few minutes to get the updated status.
- The IT Contact mentioned in the Order gets the Handover Mail with the initial user credentials. This is valid for 90 days and can be used to set up the admin users in the tenant.
- Click the Provisioned System number to access more detailed information about the provisioned environment (system).
In both cards, you can search by Product and Entitlement Role. In the Provisioning Status card, you can also search by system number or filter by status.