After a new sending domain setup or any changes in your domains’ DNS settings, you should check that it is authenticated correctly with the email providers before using it.
The simplest and safest way to do so is the following:
- Create a new test campaign. Go to Channels > Email Campaigns > Create Email > Email Settings:
- Fill in the data required and select the sending domain (From email address) whose authentication you want to test:
- Send a test email and add your test contact email address by using the following settings
The target address for the test email should be ideally a Gmail address.
- Click Send.
- Within some minutes you will receive your test email to the Gmail address you provided ()
Check also spam folder as this test campaigns without real content may be flagged as suspicious.
- In your mailbox, open the email and look for the additional menu that offers to check email headers. For example, in Gmail select "Show original" by clicking the three dots next to the date.
- You should see the DKIM, SPF, DMARC checks as "PASS".
8. It is recommended to reply to your test email and confirm that you can receive your reply.