When working on your content in the Visual Content Editor you can save changes in the following ways:
- Save as Draft: As a quick save function, this will save any content changes to the campaign immediately.
- Finish Editing: This will save any content changes to your campaign AND also run all the necessary background operations to set the campaign ready for launch at any time. This might take more time to process.
Finish Editing is not a permanent action: you can use it repeatedly after any new changes to the content.
To send a test mail, schedule or launch the campaign, you need to click Finish Editing.
We recommend to use:
- Save as Draft for all content changes while editing your campaign to eliminate downtime while saving content.
- Finish editing before moving from editing the content to sending a test email, scheduling or launching a campaign.
Saving A/B versions
If you have different, A/B versions created of your email campaign, each version must be edited and saved separately, as these are separate campaigns, technically.
Click Finish Version to save your actual email version, as saving applies to the given version only.
- Translators editing a campaign via the Multi-language translator feature are not able to save drafts, in this case only a single Save button is visible on the UI.
- Translators can only start editing a campaign handed over to them in a finished editing state.
- Draft and Finished versions cannot be previewed separately. The current previews will always show the latest state of the campaign.