You can distribute your block-based email template to the same destination account as the distributed campaigns, but it is an optional step, separate from the distribution process:
This choice enables you to manage email campaigns on multiple accounts from the same template source. Distributing the template changes the template-campaign relationship in the following way: Any changes made to the email template on the source account can be applied to the email campaigns created from the template, even after they were distributed to another account.
Distributed campaign - template relation
Please be aware of the following:
- When you distribute a block-based email campaign (Source account) to a destination account (Account B), the email template is not distributed automatically.
- The distributed email campaign keeps its connection with the original email template, so the distributed campaign gets the updates from the original email template.
- By default, all distributed email campaigns stay connected with their original email templates. This means, even after distribution, you can get notifications on the updates of the original template.
Copying an email template
After an email campaign distribution you can copy its original template to the destination account. It is optional to copy the email template to the destination account. Copying the email template to the destination account will automatically link it with the campaign(s) created from the template.
Once you own the template on the destination account, all its campaigns will be related to the destination account’s template.
The distributed email campaign will be linked to the distributed email template on the destination account (Account B).
Example: Copying an email template
To own a template on the destination account, you can use the Copy template option. On the destination account you can customize your template, for example to make it language-specific. All your newly distributed campaigns will automatically refer to the language-specific template, enabling you to update it to get the language specific-settings. Update the newly distributed campaign to have the HTML-specific translations there and translate the content.
- Open the distributed email campaign on the destination account.
- Click the ... (three dots).
Note: Notice the text that says: The template for this campaign is on a different Emarsys account.
- Select Copy template to this account.
4. Click Get Template.
Distributing a block-based template
Optionally, you can distribute email templates as standalone objects from the template list page, without affecting any template-campaign connections. This process copies the template to the destination account as new templates, without creating any connections with previously created or distributed campaigns.
Your block-based templates are available for distribution on Your Templates page.
To distribute a template, proceed as follows:
- Open the Content menu and select Block-Based Templates.
- On the Your Templates page, you can choose from any of the available templates.
- Hover your cursor over the selected template click the three dots in the upper right corner and select the Distribute to... icon.
4. In that case your accounts are connected by Emarsys and you have multi-account privileges you can select and add the accounts where you want to distribute the template in the Distribute template to accounts window.
You can distribute templates to those accounts only where you have login access rights, and your accounts are connected by Emarsys admin, otherwise the accounts won't be listed. Contact Emarsys support for setting up multi-account relations and your privileges.
5. Click Distribute template.
To distribute the template with its original name, leave the Template name field empty. If the target account already has a template with an identical name, it will still get the distributed template with the same name.
Optionally, you can define a new name for the template you want to distribute.
6. A notification is sent on the result of the distribution.
The owner of the target account is notified only if the distribution was successful.
To see every notification, switch off the Only important toggle in the Notification Center.