If you are a new Emarsys customer, Smart Insight onboarding is a logical continuation of your data onboarding. For existing customers, an overview of what you need to do is provided at the bottom of the page.
The diagram below gives an overview of the relationship and dependencies between Smart Insight and the rest of the application.
Many of the activities described here can take place in parallel, but some are dependent on the previous step being completed, so you can greatly reduce the time it takes to start sending intelligent customer lifecycle campaigns by considering the following:
- Allocate your own resources appropriately and start your tasks as early as possible.
- Respond to requests for information or action from Emarsys in a timely manner, as these are often blockers for the following steps.
- It is easy to adjust and optimize your customer lifecycle segments after they are set up so don’t waste time trying to get them perfect straight away. The sooner you can start sending marketing campaigns, the sooner you can enjoy the ROI that Smart Insight delivers.
There are two prerequisites which have to be fulfilled before you can work with Smart Insight:
- You must have completed your Emarsys Marketing Platform account setup.
- You must have completed onboarding your contact, product and optionally, store data (store data is required only if you would like to use Emarsys Retail).
Important: Please onboard your sales data only after completing the Smart Insight setup.
During data profiling, the RFM Advisor automatically analyzes the engagement and browse and purchase habits of your customers and provides the initial eRFM model for your customer lifecycle screens.
Once your contact, product and optionally, store data has successfully been imported to Emarsys, Smart Insight can begin to profile this data. You can choose from the following options:
- If you would like to use your own eRFM parameters, then you need to prepare them and overwrite the default values set by the RFM Advisor during the Smart Insight setup.
- If you would like to use the RFM Advisor, then you need to accept the default values during the Smart Insight setup. After uploading your product and sales data files to Smart Insight, you can check and accept the recommended eRFM values on the RFM Advisor page.
For more information, see Setting up the eRFM parameters.
Step 1 – Configuring your Smart Insight screens
Once the Smart Insight profiling is complete, you can immediately see your customer lifecycle segments. This initial model is a starting point and the RFM Advisor will help you keep your RFM parameters up-to-date.
Important: You can’t begin to generate any revenue through Smart Insight before you start launching campaigns so try to perform this step as quickly as possible. Don’t expect to get it perfect the first time, just make sure that the screens correspond more or less to what you expect and then move forward to launching your first marketing campaigns. Once they are up and running it is easy to optimize your segments and strategies based on real response data.
Step 2 – Launching your engagement programs
Now that you have been fully onboarded, it only remains for you to launch your targeted engagement campaigns and start watching your conversions and revenue improve.
For this you will of course need to have completed the rest of the Emarsys onboarding, in particular:
When this is completed, you can use our ready-made Tactics to kick-start your engagement campaigns.
Smart Insight onboarding for all Emarsys customers
If you are already using Emarsys to send marketing campaigns and programs, but are not using Predict, the diagram below gives an overview of the steps still needed for you to get started with Smart Insight.
In other words, you simply need to upload your contact, product and optionally, store data and then you can proceed with Smart Insight onboarding from Step 1 as described above.
For the proper operation of Smart Insight you must upload on a daily basis the most recent contact, purchase and product data.
Smart Insight onboarding for Predict customers
If you are already using Predict, you have already completed most of the data onboarding. You can use the RFM Advisor to provide the initial eRFM model for your customer lifecycle screens or your own eRFM values. For more information, see Data profiling.
When you are ready with the Smart Insight setup, you need to upload your historical sales data.
For more information, see Preparing your sales data file.
- When importing purchase data into Smart Insight, make sure you use lower case letters for the standard fields.