Open Data is a Google Cloud Platform plug-in that enables you to query and export all the email, web, sms and mobile app behavior and response data that you have stored in your Emarsys account.
You can feed data exported from Open Data to your third party BI tools. For more information, please contact your Client Success Manager.
You will need to sign in to the Google Cloud Platform data views to access Open Data.
If you are interested in learning more about Open Data, please enter your details to request a demonstration and we will be in touch with you soon.
As a quick reminder, here is the onboarding video about Open data and data exporting:
Have a look at a brief and portable summary of this Add-on along with some relevant customer testimonies.
Getting started with Open Data
To get started with Open Data, contact your Success Manager who will guide you through the onboarding process.
- We need a signed Service Order to activate Open Data for you and grant you access to the Google Cloud Platform data views.
- You will need a Google account to access Open Data and to manage user privileges for your organization in Google Groups.
When we say Google account above, it does not mean an email address that belongs only to your Google Workspace. A personal-use Gmail account is necessary here to use the Open Data services we describe. You can, however, register a Google Workspace email account that you have as a plain non-business Google account too to solve this issue.
Anyone in possession of the credentials for this Google account will have manager rights in the Google group we create for your organization, and will have access to all your email, push, sms and web behavior data collected by the Emarsys Marketing Platform.
Please take data security into consideration before sharing the credentials with others!
What are the benefits to my business?
Marketers often need all the data they collect via the Emarsys Marketing Platform in order to build custom reports, or to feed it into other applications used by their company.
Open Data provides a seamless integration with Google Cloud Platform to make this possible. Run your lightning-fast queries, analyze and visualize data in Google Sheets or connect your data with your favorite BI tools, such as Tableau, Data Studio, and many more.
- Access data collected in the Emarsys Marketing Platform in both real-time and in batches.
- Feed your data automatically to a wide range of BI tools.
- Use Open Data within Google Big Query.
- You can create scheduled queries to run them on a scheduled timely basis and perform any of these actions:
- Create, update tables in the
editable_datasetto have data ready for their reports,
- Export files to the GCS bucket,
- Pull data via API for specific systems,
- Use as a segmentation table for RDS (Relational Data Service), if you have both of those products and they are connected.
- Create, update tables in the
An Open Data project can connect to multiple Emarsys accounts. It means that Open Data can be assigned to multiple accounts with one-to-many relation.