In this article:
What Is Relational Data?
With our Relational Data Service you can connect your own external contact databases to Emarsys and use the data fields contained in them to create segments or populate personalization variables.
Our database administration tool ensures that your data are transparent, you can see, browse, and manage your database right from Emarsys’ user interface.
It is the best solution for:
- Sending offers and recommendations
- Wishlist-related notifications and price-drops
- Replenishment, renewal, abandoned cart or reminder campaigns
- Business-specific use cases where your own data is crucial
What Services Does Emarsys Offer?
With Relational Data we offer three levels of service:
|Level of service||Options||Customers maintain their own infrastructure
||Customers define, use and modify segment templates, data structure and personalization
||Lead time and data load needs development
||IT personnel recommended on-site
|Hosted self service||no||yes||yes||yes|
* Use of the Emarsys Scripting Language may require programming skills.
The connected databases can be of two types: external or internal.
- External databases are hosted and maintained by the customer. Segment template creation and segment creation are both available.
- In case of internal databases, they are hosted by Emarsys and they always use mySQL. Segment template creation is only available for the self service option, while with full service, only the segment templates created by Emarsys are available for segmentation.
Reminder for retention
Contract renewal with incentives.
When a contract is about to expire, an SMS or email will be sent with the focus on a new mobile phone. This is an aggressive campaign with big discounts.
An airline wants to send offers for activities and accommodation.
Between the date of booking and before the actual flight date, a campaign is sent with personalized offers for products or activities to buy, and suggestions for accommodation, based on the destination city. This is an automated campaigns sent on a daily basis.
E-commerce website brings customers back to complete unfinished purchases.
A web shop is targeting customers who have added products to their cart but have not finished their purchase at the payment step. The campaign is to be sent every six hours. There is a link to the checkout page included to let the customer continue the purchase where they left off. The personalized subject line shows the most expensive product.