This feature is currently on general release for clients in the UK and Germany/Austria/Switzerland, for deliveries within the European Union.
If you are located outside these regions but interested in this product, please speak to your Success Manager.
Before you start creating and sending campaigns with Direct Mail, you should familiarize yourself with the resources and features available.
You can also refer to the documentation of our technology partner for more information:
As well as offering a price calculator and some ideas for campaigns, you can download templates for all the supported materials and pass these to your design team. This will ensure that your finished product fulfills all the requirements for postal automation and looks exactly how you want it.
Direct Mail has a very easy interface for calculating to the total price of your campaign.
First, select your products and click Calculate Campaign Price.
Now select your options:
Print offset or Print digital
- Offset is the most cost-effective option for large print runs (>4,000) and gives better picture quality. Production time typically takes 4-5 days.
- Digital is the more cost-effective option for small print runs (<4,000). This is also more effective if you are using colored or image personalization, and the production time is shorter (1-2 days).
- Recipients - Enter the number of contacts in the campaign launch list.
- Campaign price - This calculates a total production and shipping cost and the price per thousand items (CPM) for your campaign. CPM is useful for comparing the cost of campaigns of different sizes.
- A/B Testing - if you wan tot A/B test your materials, enter the number of test versions here.
You can now see all the details of the printed material. Where there are multiple options, select the one you prefer. Tooltips are available to guide your decision.
The price calculator is dynamic and will update with every change you make, so feel free to experiment with different combinations of products and settings.
This feature is meant to help you familiarize yourself with the costs of direct mailings. The exact price for each individual campaign is shown on every page of the campaign creation wizard.
We offer a number of different example scenarios along the whole customer journey where Direct Mail can make a difference, sorted by objectives. These will guide you towards making the right decisions when selecting the materials for your campaign.
Ad hoc v.s transactional campaigns
Depending on the entry points for your Automation Center program, you can send batch mailings or trigger them individually.
- Large batch mailings are the most cost-effective way to send Direct Mail campaigns.
- Transactional mailings cost more per item, but you can carefully control the criteria required for a Direct Mail campaign to be triggered, and send highly relevant content at exactly the right time.
We offer two helpful features to guide your design team when preparing your campaigns.
In case you do not have experience with printed materials, this simple guideline will help you.
For every product, you can download a print template for your design team.
Select the product you are interested in and download a .zip file containing template files for InDesign and Photoshop, as well as a checklist to run through before launch.
We strongly recommend that you use these templates to ensure the best possible quality for your material.
Personalizing campaign data
You can personalize your content by accessing the data fields in your Emarsys contact database directly.
Emarsys will set up the connection and map the required fields during account creation.
The advantage of this approach is that you can include printed material as part of an omnichannel engagement strategy.
The following fields are the minimum requirement for sending the printed material, so you must ensure that they are correctly filled in your contact database.
- First name
- Last name
- House number
- ZIP/Post code
In addition to these, you can use any other fields you like for personalizing the content. You will just need to make sure that the field names match the placeholders for the personalized content.