With this lifecycle tactic you can launch an express sale event seamlessly, to maximize revenue before, during and after the promotion campaign.
It supports the Revenue objective and contributes to the Drive first purchase, Reduce customer churn and the Increase active customer revenue strategies.
Channels: Email, Web Channel, Digital Ads.
Also, there is an SMS-only variant of this Tactic, which works a bit differently compared to the original programs.
Automation Center program
The basic email-only program looks like the following:
The most complex program with email, Web Channel and Digital Ads paths looks like this.
In both types of programs, an initial email is sent to inform customers about the promotion. After two days a daily promotion is sent, while in four hours a reminder is due. In the complex setup, after a further day a closer email with high or low value offer is sent for those who have not purchased.
If the number of contacts in a program is more than 7 million, you need to disable Send Time Optimization in the campaign settings.
The SMS-only variant of the program looks like the following:
In this type of the program, first, contacts are filtered according to whether they are opted in for SMS messages or not. Then contacts are split based on they are high-value customers (buyer status - gold or platinum customer) or not:
- To high-value customers an SMS is sent immediately about the start of your promotion campaign to grant early access. Six hours later a reminder message is sent about the promotion closing soon, to subscribed customers who purchased more than two days ago. One day later the last SMS is sent about closing the campaign, to contacts who did not purchase.
- To low-value customers, the program waits four hours before sending the first SMS about the promotion start. Then, after a day an SMS is sent about closing the campaign, to contacts who did not purchase.
Please note that link shortening is not supported yet, therefore the messages might be sent in multiple SMS messages.
Activating the Tactic
- Create the Express sale event Tactic.
- Prepare the 5 versions of the Express Sale Event Email and add the personalization and product recommendation blocks.
- Exchange the emails in the program.
- Activate the Tactic.