The Smart Insight Self-Service tool is a configuration wizard available directly in the Marketing Platform UI that greatly simplifies the Smart Insight setup process. It makes it possible for you to set up and configure Smart Insight for yourself.
The Smart Insight Self-Service tool is not activated by default. Please contact your Implementation Consultant to activate the tool for you.
If you cannot access the Smart Insight Self-Service tool, then change your user access role to BI Administrator as follows:
- Click the Edit icon on the Management menu > User management page.
- Select BI Administrator from the drop-down under Access role.
If you cannot change your user access role, then please contact your Account Owner. For more information, see User roles and permissions.
What will you need to prepare
- A sales data file, with at least 2 years of sales history, that conforms to our specifications.
- A product data file that conforms to our specifications.
- (Ideally) A list of product and sales data fields that you would like to use for filtering in Smart Insight.
- If you already have carried out your own eRFM parameter analysis, then prepare it.
- (If you would like to use Web Extend) Completed implementation of the Web Extend data collection scripts on your website.
This video walks you through the entire setup process, which is described below in detail.
The setup process
The setup process requires completing the tasks listed on the Checklist page. These tasks can be completed in any order and your progress will be saved for you. If you have prepared everything in advance, the setup can be completed in under half an hour, but you can stop and return later.
If you encounter any difficulties during setup, please contact Emarsys Support.
Starting the Smart Insight Self-Service tool
To start the Smart Insight Self-Service process, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Management menu > Smart Insight Settings page.
- Click Start Setup.
The configuration steps
This will take you to the Smart Insight Self-Service Checklist page which is a step-by-step integration checklist that guides you through the process. It lists the five major steps you need to perform to set up Smart Insight in the account, we recommend that you start at the top and work your way down.
The setup consists of the following steps:
Please note that you can perform the steps in a different order, but again we recommend that you start from the top of the list. Additionally, your setup state will be saved automatically, so you can get back to it later.