Creating a program
To create a Real Time Interaction program, proceed as follows:
1. Click the Create Program button in the top-right corner of the Real Time Interaction page.
2. Select the trigger of your program. Your program will be triggered by the chosen event source.
You can choose from the following options:
One program can only have one trigger source, however, one event can trigger multiple programs.
3. When the workspace is opened, here you can:
- See the available Real Time Interaction nodes in the menu on the left.
- Change your program's name by clicking the title (the default name is New Program) and include a description.
4. Add nodes to your program and set them according to your needs. For more information, see Description of Real Time Interaction nodes.
The following actions are available on the workspace Actions bar:
Saving a program
Real Time Interaction validates the program before saving, but it does not have to pass the validation check in order to be saved.
To save a program, click Save in the top-right corner of the workspace.
Please consider the following:
- You should never navigate away from a program before saving it. Remember that for more complex programs, it may take up to a minute to save.
- If you work on a complex program, save frequently.
Validating a program
For a program to be activated, it must fulfill a number of conditions. For example, all nodes must have the mandatory settings defined.
Validation errors are displayed above the affected nodes. Hover your mouse over the icon for details of the error.
Activating a program
To activate a program, click the Activate button in the top right corner of the workspace.