Creating a program
To create an Interactions program, proceed as follows:
1. Click the Create Program button in the top-right corner of the Interactions page.
2. Select the trigger of your program. Your program will be triggered by the chosen event source.
You can choose from the following options:
One program can only have one trigger source, however, one event can trigger multiple programs.
3. When the workspace is opened, here you can:
- See the available Interactions nodes in the menu on the left.
- Change your program's name by clicking the title (the default name is New Program) and include a description.
4. Add nodes to your program and set them according to your needs. For more information, see Interactions triggers and nodes.
The following actions are available on the workspace Actions bar:
Saving a program
Interactions validates the program before saving, but it does not have to pass the validation check in order to be saved.
To save a program, click Save in the top-right corner of the workspace.
Please consider the following:
- You should never navigate away from a program before saving it. Remember that for more complex programs, it may take up to a minute to save.
- If you work on a complex program, save frequently.
Validating a program
For a program to be activated, it must fulfill a number of conditions. For example, all nodes must have the mandatory settings defined.
Validation errors are displayed above the affected nodes. Hover your mouse over the icon for details of the error.
Scheduling a program
To schedule a program, proceed as follows:
1. Click the Set Schedule button in the top right corner.
2. Choose from the following options:
Please consider the following:
- If you schedule your program to start in the past, then after activating it, it will start immediately.
- You must specify an end date in the future.
- One-time (with end date) - The program will start at the specified date and will run until the end date you set.
- Ongoing (running indefinitely) - The program will start at the specified date and it will run indefinitely (without an end date).
If you selected this option, then you can Freeze or Finish your program manually or you can select the One-time (with end date) option and select an end date later.
- Recurring - The program will run on the selected days between the specified starting and ending time.
The program’s status changes to Active while it’s running and it reverts to Scheduled after the specified end date.
A typical use case - geofencing:
For example, you can send push messages encouraging your customers to visit your store while it’s open (e.g. from Monday to Sunday between 08:00 and 18:30). In this case, your program will be scheduled to run as follows:
3. When you are ready, click Set Schedule.
4. To activate your program, click the Program Status button in the top right corner, select Activate the scheduled program, then click Activate.
- Programs are scheduled based on your account’s time zone. If your admin’s and account’s time zones are different, then a notification will be displayed. Programs do not take the time zone of your contacts into consideration.
- Trigger events can only enter Active programs.
- The name of the Program Status button depends on the status of your program.
Activating a program
To activate a program, click the Activate button in the top right corner of the workspace.