Here you can find information about the different program statuses and actions that you can perform on a program. You can find the program status or action button on the Automation menu > Automation page or in the top left corner of the workspace.
A program can be in one of the following statuses:
- In design – The program is currently being worked on and has not yet been activated. The program is fully editable.
- Scheduled - The program is scheduled to run and it has not yet started. New contacts cannot enter the program. You can make small adjustments to your program.
Contacts who have already entered the program can finish their journey in the following cases:
- If your program schedule is Recurring. In this case, after the specified end date the program’s status will revert to Scheduled.
- If you set the start date of an Active program to a date in the future. In this case, your program’s status will change to Scheduled.
- Active – The program is complete, has passed all validation checks and now it is live. Contacts can enter the program, progress along it as defined, and actions and responses are tracked for reporting. You can make small adjustments to your program.
- If you would like to change the structure of an Active program, you have to copy it and you can modify the copied one.
- You cannot delete an Active program, to do so, first you have to Freeze it.
- Frozen - The program has been frozen, you can only make limited adjustments to it but you cannot change the program's structure (i.e. you cannot add or remove nodes).
If your program's status is Frozen or Fail-safe, then new contacts cannot enter the program, contacts already in the program will exit it except for the ones who have already arrived at a Wait node. In this case, the following two scenarios are possible:
- If the program's status is still Frozen or Fail-safe when the time period specified in the Wait node has elapsed, then the contacts who arrived at this node will exit your program.
- If the program is Activated before the time period specified in the Wait node elapses, then the contacts who arrived at this node will proceed along your program.
Fail-safe - If your program has been put into fail-safe mode, then you can see the following message on the top of the Automation menu > Interactions page or in the Notification Center: “One or more programs are in Fail-safe mode and are therefore currently not processing any contacts.”
- Reason: The program has been put into fail-safe mode because a Triggered Email mail stream used in it has been deactivated.
- Solution: To resolve the fail-safe issue, proceed as follows:
- Finished - The program has ended. New contacts cannot enter the program but those who have already entered it can finish their journey. You can make small adjustments to your program.
You can Activate Finished programs. If you Activate a Finished program, then it’s status will change as follows:
- If the program’s start date is in the past or it is not scheduled, then the program’s status will change to Active.
- If the program’s start date is in the future, then it’s status will change to Scheduled.
You can perform the following actions on a program:
- Activate - This puts the program to the state Active. The Activate button is available only if the program has passed all validation checks.
You can only Activate programs the status of which is either In design, Scheduled, Frozen or Finished.
- Freeze - This freezes a running program and closes it for incoming contacts. You can also Freeze Finished programs if you do not want contacts who have already entered it to complete their journey.
You can freeze Active or Finished programs.
- Finish - The program will be ended. New contacts cannot enter the program but those who have already entered it can finish their journey. If you do not want contacts who have already entered your program to complete their journey, then you can Freeze the program.
Changing the program status
To change the program status, click the Program Status button in the top right corner.
The available options depend on your program’s current status.
You can see how programs in different statuses behave in the following table:
|Status||Contacts can enter the program||Contacts can finish their journey||You can make small adjustments to the program||You can change the structure of the program|
Making small adjustments to your program
You can make the following small adjustments to programs regardless of their statuses:
- Changing the program’s name,
- Changing the campaigns (email, push, SMS, In-app, CRM Ads or Web Channel),
- Changing the segment selected in the Decision node,
- Changing the trigger event,
- Modifying the conditions within the Decision nodes (Trigger attributes, Event happened, Event did not happen, Messages not sent templates),
- Modifying the program’s schedule,
- Modifying the settings of other nodes (e.g. Participation check, A/B test, Update contact list, Set value),
- Modifying the settings of the Wait node,
- Disabling or enabling a channel node.
Please consider the following:
- Your changes will only take effect after clicking the Save & Apply button.
- After making a small adjustment to Active, Scheduled or Finished programs, the changes will take effect immediately after clicking Save & Apply. It means that, for example, the Decision node will evaluate the next contact based on the modified conditions and settings.