Here you can find information about the different program statuses and actions that you can perform on a program. You can find the program status or action button on the Campaigns menu > Real Time Interaction page or in the top left corner of the workspace.
A program can be in one of the following statuses:
- In design – The program is currently being worked on and has not yet been activated. The program is fully editable.
- Active – The program is complete, has passed all validation checks and now it is live. Contacts can enter the program, progress along it as defined, and actions and responses are tracked for reporting.
- If you would like to edit an Active program, you have to copy it and you can modify the copied one.
- You cannot delete an Active program, to do so, first you have to Freeze it.
Frozen - The program has been frozen, you can only make limited adjustments, including changing segments, campaigns or conditions applied to Decision nodes but you cannot change the program's structure (i.e. you cannot add or remove nodes). New contacts cannot enter the program, contacts already in the program will exit it except for the ones who have already arrived at a Wait node. In this case, the following two scenarios are possible:
- If the program is still Frozen when the time period specified in the Wait node has elapsed, then the contacts who arrived at this node will exit your program.
- If the program is Activated before the time period specified in the Wait node elapses, then the contacts who arrived at this node will proceed along your program.
Fail-safe - If your program has been put into fail-safe mode, then you can see the following message on the top of the Campaigns menu > Real Time Interaction page or in the Notification Center: “One or more programs are in Fail-safe mode and are therefore currently not processing any contacts.”
- Reason: The program has been put into fail-safe mode because a Triggered Email mail stream used in it has been deactivated.
You can perform the following actions on a program:
- Activate - This puts the program to the state Active. The Activate button is available only if the program has passed all validation checks.
You can only Activate programs the status of which is either In design or Frozen.
- Freeze - This freezes a running program and closes it for incoming contacts.
You can freeze only Active programs.