Product catalog updates
By using this trigger you can build programs that:
- are not triggered by specific events but are triggered repeatedly at the scheduled time,
- check if there are changes in your product catalog by comparing the most up-to-date version to the one that was checked when the last campaign was sent (for example, if your program is scheduled to run at 10 AM every Monday and Thursday, then on Thursday, the most up-to-date version will be compared to the version that was checked on Monday),
- notify your contacts when the price of a product has dropped or a product is back in stock again.
Please consider the following:
- The Product catalog updates trigger is only available in the Advanced and Max AI packages. To use this trigger, you need to have Web Extend and Predict up-and-running and a product catalog file that is uploaded frequently.
- Each contact who triggers a program starting with the Product catalog updates trigger will receive a list containing a maximum of 10 products sorted by price in descending order.
The following options are available:
- Trigger schedule - The program will repeatedly check your product catalog for updates as specified.
You can choose from the following options:
- At regular intervals - The program will be triggered again after the specified interval.
- On specific days - The program will be triggered on the selected day(s).
- Product catalog updates - The type of the product catalog change.
You can choose from the following options:
- Price drop - When a product's price drops (and it meets the defined criteria), all contacts who are interested in that product will enter this program. For more information, see Price drop.
- Back in stock - When a single or multiple products are back in stock, all contacts who are interested in at least one of the affected products will enter this program.
- Localized availability field - By default, product availability in back in stock campaigns is retrieved from the standard availability fields in your product catalog. To change this setting, click Localized availability field and select the required field.
The Localized availability field is only available if you have selected the Back in stock type.
- Target audience - The program will target those contacts who:
- You cannot target contacts who either abandoned their cart or viewed a product more than 90 days ago.
- If contacts are interested in multiple products the status of which has been changed and they meet the defined criteria, then they will be notified about these changes.
- Viewed the product X or less days ago at least Y times,
- Abandoned the product in a cart X or less days ago.
- Exclude contacts who purchased this product - To exclude customers who purchased this product X days ago from this program, click this checkbox.
- You cannot exclude those contacts who bought this product more than 90 days ago.
- If Smart Insight is activated on your account and you have checked the Exclude checkbox, then the trigger will take into account both your contacts' online (from Web Extend) and offline purchase data (from Smart Insight).
When a product's price drops, all contacts who are interested in that product will enter this program if the price:
- drops by the specified Minimum drop (%) value and
- exceeds the Minimum price of the corresponding price tier.
You can define a price tier by setting the products' Minimum price and Maximum price (it is determined by the next price tier's Minimum price value) and assigning a Minimum drop (%) value to that range. If a product's original price (i.e. before its price has dropped) is between the Minimum price and Maximum price values defined for a tier and the discount exceeds the amount of Minimum drop (%) specified for that tier, then contacts will be notified about the price drop.
You can specify a single or multiple price tiers by defining the following values:
- Minimum price - The lowest original price of products belonging to a specific tier.
- Maximum price - The highest original price of products belonging to a specific tier. This value is determined by the Minimum price of the next tier. If there are no more tiers, the Maximum price will be the highest price in your product catalog.
- Minimum drop (%) - The amount of discount expressed as a percentage.
- Localized prize field - By default, product data in price drop campaigns is retrieved from the standard price fields in your product catalog. To change this setting, click Localized prize field and select the required field.
- If you are managing multiple countries from a single account, then we recommend targeting only those contacts whose currency is the same as your account's base currency.
- To do so, you can add a Decision node using the type Included in segment that allows only those contacts who are using your base currency to proceed.
- You can check your base currency in the Management menu > Predict Data Sources page > Account Details widget.
- If you would like to exclude a certain price tier and avoid sending notifications related to that tier, then we recommend setting the Minimum drop (%) value to 100%.
- If you would like to test a Price drop scenario, then we recommend setting the Minimum drop (%) value to 0%. In this case, test contacts will still receive the content of your campaign.
You can perform the following actions:
In the following example, we have created 3 price tiers:
- Contacts will be notified if the product's previous price is between $10-99.99 and its price drops by a minimum of 15%.
- Contacts will be notified if the product's previous price is between $100-249.99 and its price drops by a minimum of 10%.
- Contacts will be notified if the product's previous price is at least $250 and its price drops by a minimum of 5%.
Creating a Product catalog updates program
To create a Product catalog updates program, proceed as follows:
1. Navigate to Automation > Automation, click Create Program and select Product-focused journeys (Product Catalog Updates).
- To change your program's name, click the title (the default name is New Program).
- Hover your mouse over the nodes to get more information on what they do.
2. Add the required nodes to your program and set them as needed.