Product catalog updates
By using this trigger you can build programs that:
- are not triggered by specific events but are triggered repeatedly at the scheduled time,
- check if there are changes in your product catalog by comparing the most up-to-date version to the one that was checked when the last campaign was sent (for example, if your program is scheduled to run at 10 AM every Monday and Thursday, then on Thursday, the most up-to-date version will be compared to the version that was checked on Monday),
- notify your contacts when the price of a product has dropped or a product is back in stock again.
Please consider the following:
- The Product catalog updates trigger is only available in the Advanced and Max AI packages. To use this trigger, you need to have Web Extend and Predict up-and-running and a product catalog file that is uploaded frequently.
- Each contact who triggers a program starting with the Product catalog updates trigger will receive a list containing a maximum of 10 products sorted by price in descending order.
The following fields are available:
- Time - Your program will be triggered at the selected time.
Recurrence - You can specify the recurrence of your program by choosing from the following options:
- Every x day(s) - Your program will be triggered again after the specified number of days.
- On certain days - Your program will be triggered on each selected day. You can select a single or multiple days.
Type - The following types are available:
- Price drop - For more information, see Type - Price drop.
- Back in stock - When a single or multiple products are back in stock, all contacts who are interested in at least one of the affected products will enter this program.
Audience - The target audience of your program who either:
- Abandoned their cart with this product in the last x days or
- Viewed the product x times in the last y days.
- You cannot target contacts who either abandoned their cart or viewed a product more than 90 days ago.
- The timeframe specified in section Audience is dynamic, which means that it is calculated each time when the audience is collected.
- If contacts are interested in multiple products the status of which has been changed and they meet the defined criteria, then they will be notified about these changes.
- Exclude - You can exclude contacts who purchased this product in the last x days and specify the number of days according to your needs.
- You cannot exclude those contacts who bought this product more than 90 days ago.
- If you have checked the Exclude checkbox, please consider that the specified timeframe is dynamic, which means that it is calculated each time when the audience is collected.
Type - Price drop
When a product's price drops, all contacts who are interested in that product will enter this program if the price:
- drops by the specified Minimum drop (%) value and
- exceeds the Minimum price of the corresponding price tier.
You can define a price tier by setting the products' Minimum price and Maximum price (it is determined by the next price tier's Minimum price value) and assigning a Minimum drop (%) value to that range. If a product's original price (i.e. before its price has dropped) is between the Minimum price and Maximum price values defined for a tier and the discount exceeds the amount of Minimum drop (%) specified for that tier, then contacts will be notified about the price drop.
You can specify a single or multiple price tiers by defining the following values:
- Minimum price - The lowest original price of products belonging to a specific tier.
- Maximum price - The highest original price of products belonging to a specific tier. This value is determined by the Minimum price of the next tier. If there are no more tiers, the Maximum price will be the highest price in your product catalog.
- Minimum drop (%) - The amount of discount expressed as a percentage.
- Localized (language and currency) values cannot be used for the calculation (e.g.
- If you are managing multiple countries from a single account, then we recommend targeting only those contacts whose currency is the same as your account's base currency.
- To do so, you can add a Decision node using the type Included in segment that allows only those contacts who are using your base currency to proceed.
- You can check your base currency in the Admin menu > Data Sources page > Account Details widget.
- If you would like to exclude a certain price tier and avoid sending notifications related to that tier, then we recommend setting the Minimum drop (%) value to 100%.
- If you would like to test a Price drop scenario, then we recommend setting the Minimum drop (%) value to 0%. In this case, test contacts will still receive the content of your campaign.
You can perform the following actions:
In the following example, we have created 3 price tiers:
- Contacts will be notified if the product's previous price is between $10-99.99 and its price drops by a minimum of 15%.
- Contacts will be notified if the product's previous price is between $100-249.99 and its price drops by a minimum of 10%.
- Contacts will be notified if the product's previous price is at least $250 and its price drops by a minimum of 5%.