Before you start adding incentives to the campaign, you need to create the incentives and set their basic parameters, and upload the voucher pools to you account.
Create incentives and define their basic parameters
Here you can create incentives of different types. You can define the basic parameters that can be customized and skinned later, during the campaign creation.
Three types of incentives can be created:
- percentage discount
- price discount
- free shipping
You can also define a Minimum cart value that must be reached before an incentive can be used.
As a first step, we recommend creating all the types of incentives you want to use in your next campaigns and only after this should you start setting up campaigns with incentive configuration. The incentives created here are reusable as many times and in as many campaigns/programs as you wish.
Best practices for creating the incentive types
Here are some best practice suggestions:
- We advise creating maximum 10-12 incentive templates with varying types and values.
Note: having more incentive parameters in your incentive pool won’t yield better results.
- Consider adding both smaller and larger incentives than your current practice and also incentives of different types (percentage discount, fixed price, free shipping) so that our algorithm can meaningfully learn about the behavior of your contacts which will enable better performance.
- Using different incentives will give you better results. For percentage use at least 3% increments, for $/€, etc. use at least 10% value differences.
- We suggest to only use 3 to 8 different incentives from your pool in a single campaign.
- Please note: Having different minimum cart values for incentives will decrease initial results and slows down the learning process of the algorithm.
Upload voucher pools
To send out incentives with unique coupon or voucher codes you have to upload separate coupon pools for each incentive you’ll send out with your next email.
For example, you want to send out 10%, 20% and 30% incentives with your next campaign, then you should upload voucher pools called e.g. IR-10%_coupon, IR-20%_coupon, and IR-30%_coupon.
To do so, go to the new Voucher Management service under the Add-ons menu. Please note that for the time being, only the voucher pools uploaded here would be available for Incentive Recommendation, i.e. the "old" voucher pools are not selectable with this feature.
Here are some best practices for using the voucher pools:
- To make sure you have enough coupons in your coupon pools, upload as many codes into these pools as many contacts your recipient source will contain in your campaign.
- Prepare visuals for coupons, too. All references to voucher attributes (value, type, code etc.) should be visible on the image/html, as other parts of the email body will be visible both to customers who receive incentive and also who do not.