This article provides you information for setting up and managing mobile apps.
To navigate to the Apps section, go to Channels > Mobile Engage > Apps tab.
A list of your app using the Mobile Engage service is displayed here.
You can see the App Code, the App name, Platform, the date it was Created and last Changed.
For more information, see Custom data fields.
The are two methods for debugging:
This information will help you in debugging your API integration by examining the first test installs and incoming events. You can then check the correct installation and responses for API calls.
Add an app to the account
- Click on Create App on the top right of the screen.
- Add the App name and Default language, then click Save.
- The App details page will now be displayed. The details shown are:
- App Name - The name if the app set on the previous section.
- Default language - The default language of the app.
- Mobile Engage API (App code) - The Emarsys generated app code. This code is required to be configured within the SDK to allow for account identification.
Anonymous contact configuration - This configuration decides whether or not anonymous (unidentified, not-logged in) users will be created in Emarsys from your app. By default, the toggle is on, which means the anonymous user creation is enabled. Once a user decides to disable the anonymous contact creation:
- All anonymous contacts until that point will be deleted from the user's database.
- Any further activity coming from devices with un-identified users will be ignored.
- No further anonymous contacts will be created.
- The contact using the app is anonymous (For example, the contact opened an app without logging in)
- The contact is linked with a subscription. Both a Web Push profile and contact in the contact database are created at same time. They are linked.
- The contact is linked after subscribing where anonymous profile and contact record is created independently from each other.
The number shown in the Database Growth widget is increased by one anonymous contact created by Mobile Engage and it is also increased by one "known" contact if created by API or via the UI.
- Platforms (Add iOS / Add Android) - This section is to add the server keys and certificates needed to send Push message via Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) and Firebase for Android.
- App audience - Provides details of the Total app installs, Opt-ins and Active contacts. The Opt-ins are defined as the contacts that have push enabled and Active contacts are contacts that have interacted with the app within the past 30 days.
- In-App Messages - If enabled, you can send in-app messages in your app.
- API Token Secret - This is an internal API token used to prevent spoofing. It is not used with the app directly (i.e. not configured within the SDK).
Before turning the Anonymous contact configuration feature OFF, please consider that the deletion of all anonymous contacts is irreversible. Also, you will not be able to address anonymous contacts with mobile push, in-app and web push messages, only logged-in, known customers.
Archive an app
To help optimise the App tab, by only displaying the active apps, the feature app archive should be used. It is available on the Apps tab within the Mobile Engage section of the account.
Apps that are archived are not available for selection when creating Push, Silent Push and In-app campaigns. However, an archived app will still be viewable when creating Mobile Engage segments.
If the app that is being archived is connected to any active automation programs, a warning will be displayed, as it is not possible to archive an app that is connect to any active campaigns. The app must first be removed from any active automation programs before the app can be archived.
Click on the downward arrow that is to the left of the program type (in the example above it is the Automation Center), to expand the details of the connected programs.
Click on each campaign listed, which will navigate to the campaign editing screen, and remove the app from the automation program. Once the app has been removed from all the listed programs, the app can be archived.