The inbound messaging feature automatically scans incoming messages for specific keywords. When these keywords are detected, an event is triggered, which can be linked to an automatic procedure. For example, this can be used to initiate subscribe user to additional newsletters.
- A finished MessengerPeople campaign with Recipient Source set to On Program Event
Creating an external event
- Click Create External Event under Management > External Event.
- Enter a name for your event. (For example: messengerp_test_event) It is recommended to use a common naming convention for all MessengerPeople related events to filter them easier.
Events can be used in multiple campaigns. You do not have to create separate events for each messaging application.
Creating a Password Reset Inbound Messaging Event
1. Click the Add Inbound Messaging button under Add-ons > MessengerPeople > Inbound Messaging tab.
2. Type in a string in the Keyword or phrase to match field. The add-on will scan all incoming messages for this string.
It is worth using words with special spelling or combined with special characters to avoid false positive triggers.
3. Select the previously created password reset event from the drop-down list under Event to trigger.
4. Select the Match Type suitable for the expected message.
Use Match exactly when you expect a reply only containing the preset word. Use Match texts containing when you expect multiple words in the reply.