The Inbound Messaging feature automatically scans incoming messages to a Sinch Engage (SE) Project for specific keywords or phrases. When these keywords are detected, an external event is triggered, which can be used as an entry-point to any Automation programs.
- First, create the campaign you want to trigger as a response to the incoming keyword, as described in Creating Campaigns.
- In Emarsys, navigate to the Add-ons > Sinch Engage > Inbound Messaging tab.
- Click Add Inbound Messaging to open the configuration pop-up.
- Enter the keyword or phrase that you would like to listen for. The add-on will scan all incoming messages for this string.
We recommend using words with special spelling or combined with special characters to avoid false positive triggers.
- Select the external event that you would like to trigger when the keyword is captured.
- Select the text Match Type. Currently, only the Match text exactly option is available.
- Select the Project you wish to listen to. You need to enable Inbound Messaging for the Project in Settings.
- Select the Channel to listen to within the Project if you would like to orchestrate a response over the same SE Channel, or select All if your response journey is not Channel-sensitive.
- Save your keyword setup by clicking Save.