When should I use MessengerPeople campaigns?
You can use the MessengerPeople Add-on to utilize the speed and ease of instant messaging apps to keep communicating with your contacts in their favourite channel.
Concentrate on the strengths of instant messaging. In the following you will see some examples, which focus on quick reactions or short, effective messages.
Use case examples
System responses to user requests
- Password reset
- Contact data update
- Campaign Subscriptions
- New Sale notifications
- New Product notifications
1. Create a campaign similar to the following:
Include the link to your password reset solution in your message.
2. Insert this campaign into an Automation Center program.
Contact data update
A specific word could trigger an email response. Emails can contain forms which can be used to update contact data.
1. Create a Change Profile form which will be included in the email reply to a contact requesting the information change. (Content > Form > Create Form)
Include all the fields available for your contacts.
For more information, see Creating and editing forms.
2. Create an email campaign using the HTML editor to include a link to your form.
3. In the resulting window, select your form after checking the Forms radio button.
As automation programs record the number of contacts passing through them, potentially, you can use Text-2-Events to conduct simple polls.
1. Combine multiple MessengerPeople campaigns to notify your contacts of the poll and to register their responses.
Vote 1 response:
Vote 2 response:
2. Include your MessengerPeople campaigns into Automation Center programs.
Vote 1 Automation Center Program:
Create a similar program for the other response category as well.
Make sure to allow only one entry for each contact.
3. You can check the number entered contacts on the Program Reporting page.
Using a combination of a form, external fields and an automation program you can send newsletters to your contacts who explicitly agreed to this.
1. Create an external event which will be linked to the MessengerPeople Text-2-Event.
2. Create a custom field. Add two response choices:
3. Create a MessengerPeople Text-2-Event with a reasonable keyword, for example, SUBSCRIBE.
4. Create a form which asks the contacts to confirm their newsletter subscription.
5. Additionally, you will need two automation programs:
The first program sends a confirmation request email to each contact who sent the keyword triggering the subscription process. This request email needs to include your form to set the previously created custom external field for each recipient.
The second program regularly checks the contact base for contacts with the custom external field. After including your newsletter in this program, these contacts will receive your newsletter at a preset interval.
Use a segment setting similar to the following:
As most instant messaging users check their incoming messages nearly constantly, your texts will be read very quickly. You can use this to notify your clients, for example, about flash sales, new product or service lines.
New sale notifications
1. For example, to engage with contacts using WhatsApp who are active customers and responded to any of your communications in the past two months, use the following filters when creating the target segment.
Make sure to create a separate segment for the users of each supported instant messaging app, as you can send campaigns to only one type of application at a time.
2. Include this segment into a MessengerPeople Campaign with the link to your sale.