Integrating the MessengerPeople add-on starts with contacting Custom Integrations and continues with importing your contacts in MessengerPeople to the Emarsys Platform.
Integrating the MessengerPeople add-on requires the following:
- An active MessengerPeople account with contacts
- Contacting Custom Integrations for an offer on setup and recurring costs
For more information, click Request a Demo in Enchance Marketplace > Categories > Mobile > MessengerPeople.
Preparing the Emarsys Platform
Create five new custom fields in the Emarsys platform under Management > Field Editor.
1. Name the fields the following:
These fields will be used to distinguish MessengerPeople contacts based on their preferred instant messaging app after they are imported to the platform.
2. Create a support ticket to request the indexation of the new custom fields.
Include the following in the ticket:
- Reason for the new custom fields (MessengerPeople Integration, distinguishing contacts by instant messaging apps)
- Order and location of the custom field in the
.csvfile to be imported
Exporting contacts from MessengerPeople
3. Export all MessengerPeople contacts in
.csv format in the Users > Active tab.
4. Distribute your contacts into separate
.csv files based on their preferred instant messaging app. Contacts have to be imported into the Emarsys platform on a per messaging application basis.
Importing contacts into the Emarsys Platform
5. Click Contacts > Data Import > Import File > Import File Manually > Select a file and browse for your
.csv file exported from MessengerPeople.
6. In the resulting page, set the Unique Identifier by selecting the custom field for the relevant messaging app in both the Unique Identifier field and the Usernumber column.
7. Select Opt-in everyone in this import in the Opt-in declarations column, as MessengerPeople already required the contacts to confirm that they want to receive instant messages from your company.
8. Click Do not import for each column not needed for your contacts, for example, Messenger.
You can use the Messenger column to check if you correctly separated your MessengerPeople contacts into different files.
9. Click Next Step until you arrive to the page for specifying the name of the contact list.
10. Click Start Import.
In the resulting Data Import page, you will see the finished contact lists when the import process is finished and the page is refreshed.
Repeat these import steps for each group of contacts using a different messaging app.
Preparing MessengerPeople contacts
11. Create a new user property called
is_receiver in the MessengerPeople interface.
12. Create a new Targeting-List named
is_receiver using this property.
Set the value of
is_receiver to 1.
is_receiver user property is used by the Emarsys Platform to dynamically set the recipients of a MessengerPeople campaign.
Setting up API keys in the Emarsys Platform
13. Make a note of the API keys in the MessengerPeople interface at Settings > API.
14. Create a MessengerPeople channel in the Emarsys Platform at Add-ons > Settings > Add Channel by pasting the API key from the Settings > API menu.
The Initial Setup procedure is finished.
Use the API provided by MessengerPeople to set up a regular process to download the latest list of contacts. Combine this with the auto-import feature or the Emarsys API to fully automate your contact update procedure.
Alternatively, contact the Custom Intergrations team so that they can set up an automated job for you.