Now that you have your Sinch Engage (SE) Project connected and contacts (customers) synced, you can start sending messages.
You can either send a one-off campaign to an existing segment or contact list, or choose an On-event Program which allows you to connect an SE campaign with an Automation program, using the Sinch Engage node.
The editing flow is very similar to that of native SE applications. One-off and Automation campaigns are created in the same way, the only difference is how you select the recipient source.
- In Emarsys, navigate to Add-ons > Sinch Engage > Campaigns tab.
- Click Create Campaign to open the campaign editor.
- Name your campaign.
- Select the Project with which you want to use it.
- Select the Target Messenger (i.e. the Channel).
Campaign versions need to be created for each Channel as the content, template and personalization capabilities differ across channels.
- Select the Recipient Source.
- One-off Campaigns: You can use a Segment or a Contact List to create a one-off campaign, and launch it manually using the Schedule feature.
- On Program Event: This selection allows you to select the campaign from the Sinch Engage node available in any Automation programs. These campaigns need to be activated through the Schedule feature before they can be used in a live Automation. You cannot edit the campaign content after activation.
- Edit your message content.
- Select the Template set up in SE and already approved by WhatsApp.
- Select the Language of the campaign.
- Enter your Emarsys Scripting Language formula to access personalization data for the placeholders loaded from the template. All standard Emarsys personalization sources are supported.
- You can enter your content in the Message field.
- You can also use further text formatting options based on the targeted messaging app. The options are displayed below the Message field.
- You can add emojis by clicking the Emoji icon.
- You can images, videos or even PDF attachments to your campaign.
- To open a pop-up menu where you can select from a list of personalization placeholders, click the Personalization icon. When applied to a message, these elements are replaced with user specific data.
- In the right pane, you can check how your message looks like to users. If you enter a valid contact identifier, you will see the personalized preview.
- Save your campaign.
- When your campaign is ready, click Schedule. You can choose from the following options:
- Launch Now or Lanuch Later - Launch the campaign immediately or at a specified time for Segment and Contact List-based campaigns
- Activate - Activate the On Program Event campaign. Once activated, the campaign is available in the Sinch Engage node in Automation programs.
- The campaign is now listed on the Campaigns tab along with its key identifiers.