By default, the Link Tracking Tab and Link Overview Tab is not available in the SMS content editor to avoid possible interferences with the link tracking solutions of other providers. To enable this feature on your account, please contact Emarsys Support.
Short trackable links for SMS allows you to enrich your SMS message with a fully personalized URL, without compromising the short size of the message. The URL that are used are being replaced with a short URL, which is resolved to the full personalized link, once clicked by the recipient.
Best practices and examples of short trackable links include the following:
- Link to a pre-filled form
- Direct link to the recipient's shopping cart (e.g. in an abandon cart tactic)
Additionally, the recipient's click on the URL is being tracked, pushed to the open-data platform, which you can use for segmenting and exporting, and is available as a report in the campaign report.
- Links will be expired after 30 days of sending the campaign.
- Enabling or disabling link tracking will affect the character count, because the link is shortened in the SMS text content.
Using Link Tracking on the Emarsys Platform
The link tracking feature is available under the two new tabs in the SMS Content Creator (see image below).
These tabs are:
- Link Tracking
- Link Overview (list of all found links)
Link Tracking Tab
To insert tracked links to your SMS content, perform the following:
- Type the URL into the message body. It will be identified automatically. URLs can contain personalization.
- You can turn ON and OFF tracking for each links separately. By default, every link will be tracked.
- Give a short tag for the link, which will be shown on the campaign report.
In the editor view, you will always see the URL in its original form. If tracked, it will be shortened to http://e.ms.to/xxxxxx (same URL as unsubscribe).
Link Overview Tab
If the link cannot be resolved, it is indicated with a red warning. The image below shows an example, where the link is fake.
The following image shows if the URL can be resolved:
How the Sent Message Looks Like
The image below shows how the sent message looks like:
The URL is converted to a shorter version. Once clicked by the customer, it will redirect to the full URL.
The average measured redirect latency is around 0.3 second.