Lead Ads Subscriptions allow you to create an automatic connection between the Lead Ads forms you have created on the ad networks and your Emarsys account. This enables you to capture new leads from these forms directly into your Emarsys database. Each form populates a dedicated contact list, which can then be used to target customized welcome programs.
As the lead ad forms enable external data to flow directly into your Emarsys account, we recommend securing a double opt-in for these contacts.
Subscribing to existing Lead Ads Forms
On the Lead Ads tab, you can see all the existing Lead Ads subscriptions. This page also has controls for creating and editing Lead Ads subscriptions.
- Click the Create Lead Ad Subscriptions button to create a new Lead Ads subscription, or edit an existing subscription
- In case of a new subscription being created, select the ad network you want to work with.
- In the configuration dialog, first select the Ad Account you want to use. (It should have been set up already).
- Select the previously created Page (Meta) or Campaign (Google) that is connected to the Lead Ads asset.
- Finally, select the Lead Ads form previously created on the ad network.
The read-only Subscription name is auto-generated from the selected page and form. This name will be used for the contact list that collects the new leads from the form.
- You can then set up a field mapping between your Lead Ads form, and your existing Emarsys Contact Database fields.
- You have to map one of the form fields to either the Emarsys Email or Mobile field, since these are needed to detect whether a contact already exists or not. If both are mapped, the Email field has priority.
A field in the Lead Ads form can be mapped to any single-choice Emarsys database field (both system fields and custom fields). For more information, see: Single-choice fields and their values and creating custom fields.
If you map a field from the form to a single-choice Emarsys field, please verify that the values from the form are the same as the values of the field choices. Otherwise, the field will be skipped in the contact registration process, and you will receive a notification that parts of the lead could not be registered.
- Once all fields are mapped, you can select the option to automatically set the Opt-in status of imported contacts to “true”.
Emarsys recommends that you secure a double opt-in before you engage with new leads on other channels.
- To overwrite existing Emarsys field values with new values imported from the Lead Ads forms (in case of a new contact on the ad network that already exists in Emarsys).
- Click Save when you finished.
- Status - If this column shows Disconnected, that means you do not have the necessary permissions for this page.
- New Leads - The numbers for new leads.
- Existing Leads - The total of all existing leads who have come in.
Working with the Contact lists
Two new contact lists are created for every subscription, with the name Lead Ad Subscription:
<subscription name> (Existing Leads) and (New Leads). These lists collect all contacts registering through this form, and will be visible in the Contact Lists page as soon as the first contact is added to it.
If you delete a subscription and then recreate it using the same form, as long as you continue to use the same name as the original subscription, new leads will continue to be added to the original contact lists.
The Lead Ads External Events
After the creation of your first lead ads subscription, Emarsys creates two external events for you that will be used across all of your Lead Ads subscriptions:
- Digital Ads: Existing Lead - This event triggers when a contact who already exists in your Emarsys database registers through a Lead Ads form.
- Digital Ads: New Lead - This event triggers when an unknown contact registers through a Lead Ads form.
These external events are immediately available for use in Automations.
Emarsys uses the contact email address to identify existing contacts, so if a contact uses a different email address for their profile on the ad network, they will be treated as a new lead.
Editing the field mappings and Opt-in
Managing the new registrations
You can keep track of how many registrations your form has collected by checking the Size column in the Lead Ads list. You can also check the size of the contact list with the same name as the Lead Ads subscription in the Contact Lists page. There will be one list for new contacts (leads) as well as one for already existing contacts (duplicates).
You can now engage with these new registrations, for example, by adding them to a welcome program, by using the contact list directly as a recipient source.
Since many of the features in Emarsys work with dynamic segments rather that lists, we recommend that you create a segment based on this contact list. You will need to define a pair of mutually exclusive contact criteria that will ensure every new lead is in the segment, regardless of the field values they submitted, for example, email is empty OR email is not empty, as shown below: