Create promoters with a post-purchase review campaign to drive satisfaction and repeat purchase.
This lifecycle SMS exclusive Tactic serves as a response to the SMS campaign in Post-purchase feedback, asking customers to rate their shopping experience by answering to the message they got via SMS.
It supports the Revenue objective and affects the following strategies:
- Reduce customer churn
- Drive purchase frequency
- Increase retention
- Increase active customer revenue
For this tactic, the following channel is available:
- SMS (new)
Activating the Tactic
- SMS campaigns
- SMS Inbound Numbers
- SMS Inbound event
- Personalization tokens
Inbound event setup
Go to Channels > SMS Campaigns > Inbound SMS
- On this tab you can create inbound events that will link a keyword sent to your SMS inbound number with a defined action in Emarsys.
- The events you create here are listed on the External Events page and can be called via the Emarsys API external events endpoints. They are also available for selection in the Interactions External event trigger.
Inbound events are listed with the following naming convention:
- SMS <inbound number> Autoresponder: <event name>
When you create an event you must define the following:
- Event name - The suffix of the auto-generated name shown above (i.e. Good experience).
- Keyword(s) - These are the keywords to trigger the action. You can define as many as you like and they must consist of at least two alphanumeric Latin characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9). Keywords are not case-sensitive. If you use a 5-rating scale, you can choose 4 and 5 to be identified as a positive response.
- Type - Here you can select from the predefined event types. For this Tactic you need to choose inboundResponder.
- Inbound number - This is the inbound number that will receive the reply.
If you are planning to send SMS campaigns to multiple countries or regions, you’ll need a separate Inbound number for each of them. This also means you need to create one event per country or region.
For more information about Inbound numbers and events, see SMS Inbound Numbers.
The following procedure shows an example of setting up the Post-purchase feedback Good Experience Tactic:
1. Create your SMS campaign. An example for the SMS message content could be the following:
"Rate your last purchase experience by responding with 1-5 to this SMS.”
2. Add the personalization tokens.
3. Create an inbound event.
4. Link this event to the Post purchase feedback Good Experience Tactic. In the program, this event will now appear in the External event trigger as:
- SMS 36105 Autoresponder: Good experience
5. Activate the Tactic.
For a better customer experience we recommend activating the Post-purchase feedback Bad Experience in parallel.