This lifecycle Tactic builds on the successful conversion of a lead to a first-time buyer and drives towards that crucial second purchase, turning them into loyal customers with repeated purchases.
This Shopify exclusive Tactic is built in Interactions. Simply use the Shopify Event - Order by New Customer to start this program.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategy:
- Convert first-time buyers to active customers
- Drive active customer revenue
The basic, email-only program that is available in the Advanced package only looks like the following:
The most advanced program contains the following channels:
- CRM Ads
- SMS Channel
Activating the Tactic
- Shopify Plug-in with active Shopify events
- Email campaigns
- Personalization tokens
- CRM Ads campaign (if used)
- SMS campaign (if used)
1. The Order by New Customer event is pre-selected in the entry node of the program.
2. Create the email campaigns.
3. Add the personalization tokens.
4. In the Wait for event with timeout node, Shopify and Order are preselected as the Event to wait for and its value, respectively. Then choose a timeframe. The contact will continue on the 'Yes' path immediately when a(n) Order happens, otherwise they continue on the timeout path after the selected days count. For this Tactic we recommend you to use seven days.
5. Create the CRM Ads audience (if used).
6. Create the SMS campaigns (if used).
7. Activate the Tactic.
Tips & Hints
Keep it clear of other post-purchase campaigns.
Since this Tactic is triggered by a first purchase, take care that it does not get mixed up with any other post-purchase campaigns that you might have running. You can manage this by adjusting the 'Wait' node right after the entry node.