Encourage purchasing customers to increase their spending by promoting items commonly bought by other customers who made the same purchase. It also gives you the opportunity to exclude serial refunders from your post-purchase marketing initiatives.
This lifecycle Tactic follows up on a purchase with cross-promotion of products that customers who made the same purchase also bought, to increase cart value and customer lifetime value.
This Shopify exclusive Tactic is build in Interactions. Simply use the Shopify Event - Order by Recurring Customer to start this program.
It supports the following objectives by contributing to the strategies below:
- Increase average order value
- Drive purchase frequency
- Increase active customer revenue
- Increase units per transaction
- Drive second purchase
The basic, email-only program looks like the following:
The most advanced program contains the following channels:
- Digital Ads
- SMS Channel
Activating the Tactic
- Shopify Plug-in with active Shopify events
- Email campaigns
- Personalization tokens
- Digital Ads campaign (if used)
- SMS campaign (if used)
1. The Order by Recurring Customer event is pre-selected in the entry node of the program.
2. Create the email campaigns.
3. Add the personalization tokens.
4. In the Decision splitter node, you can prevent serial refunders from getting your marketing messages. To do so, under Type choose the setting Event happened and give the Decision splitter node a proper name, i.e. “Serial refunders”. In the Events drop-down, Shopify and its value, Refund are preselected. Now select Refund from the list of Shopify events. Under Operation you can now count the number of matching events that happened in a selected timeframe. We recommend using at least 2 times in the last 30 days.
5. In the Wait for event with timeout node, Shopify and its value, Order are preselected. Then choose a timeframe. The contact will continue on the Yes path immediately when a(n) Order happens, otherwise they continue on the timeout path after the selected days count. For this Tactic we recommend you to use seven days.
6. Create the Digital Ads audience (if used).
7. Create the SMS campaigns (if used).
8. Activate the Tactic.
Tips & Hints
Keep it clear of other post-purchase campaigns.
Since this Tactic is triggered by a purchase, take care that it does not get mixed up with any other post-purchase campaigns that you might have running. You can manage this by adjusting the Wait node right after the entry node.