This Tactic helps you to get personal information from your customers, which strengthens your relationship with them to offer them a better experience.
It supports the Customer lifecycle objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Reduce customer churn
- Increase retention
- Every day, loyalty members are checked for missing personal information.
- An email campaign is sent to members with incomplete profiles encouraging them to finish their profile for a reward.
Activating the Tactic
- Activate the engagement action "Complete your profile" at Add-ons > Actions.
("Complete your profile" is a generic tactic action whose message can be changed based on the requested field).
- Create an "Enhance Customer Data" email campaign.
- Insert the personalization tokens of the engagement action into the email campaigns.
Further channels are planned to be included in the tactic program.
- Create an External Loyalty event to attach to your "Complete your profile" engagement action.
- Make sure that the relevant contact segment is selected in the recurring filter node to select the users who have not completed a relevant data field.
- Define your participation settings (this program is predefined on one entry within 90 days)
- Swap the email in the Tactic with your "Enhance customer data" campaign (be sure to include the "Complete your profile" engagement action tokens).
- Add delay to your program (this program is predefined with a 3 day delay).
- Make sure that the relevant External Loyalty Event is selected in the Loyalty trigger node.
- Activate the Tactic.
The program uses a segment with the requested contact criteria. In this example, contacts with a missing birthday are selected.
As this program runs daily, be sure to enter a reasonable period for reentry into this program in the participation settings.
Be sure to align your action validity and the program delay during action setup.
Tips & hints
As the first step of creating content for this Enhance customer data Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under the Loyalty tab.