This tactic increases traffic to your website with a focus on customers who have not visited for a long time. Loyalty allows you to offer a cost-free reward such as Exclusive Access, which is an experience that makes the customer feel special.
It supports the Customer lifecycle objective by contributing to the strategies below:
- Drive web traffic
- Reduce customer churn
- Convert offline to online
- Increase retention
- Every day, loyalty members are checked if they already took part in the win back Website Visitors Loyalty action.
- Those who did not take part yet, are sent an email campaign.
- Members visiting the defined website through the email campaign receive a reward.
Automation Center program
Activating the Tactic
- Activate the event action "Visit website" at Add-ons > Actions.
- Create a "Win back website visitors" email campaign.
- Insert the personalization tokens of the event action into the email campaign.
Further channels are planned to be included in the tactic program.
- Make sure that the relevant relational segment is selected in the recurring filter node to select all Loyalty members.
- Create a segment of contacts who have visited your site lately. Subtract these contacts from all Loyalty members with an Exclude node.
- Define participation (the default setting is one entry every 60 days).
- Add a Loyalty Trigger node - select the relevant Loyalty action.
- Swap the email in the Tactic with your "Win back website visitors" campaign (be sure to include your "Visit site" action tokens).
- Activate the Tactic.
The program uses a Predict segment of users who visited your website within the last 2 days, at least for a minute. We exclude these users to filter for less engaged users.
As this program runs daily, be sure to set a reasonable period for reentry into the program in the participation settings.
Tips & hints
As the first step of creating content for this Win back website visitors Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under the Loyalty tab.