This Tactic welcomes your new members and drives them to their first Loyalty purchase.
It supports the Revenue objective by contributing to the following strategies:
- Drive first purchase
- Drive purchase frequency
- Drive web traffic
- Increase active customer revenue
- Increase premium customer revenue
- Increase retention
- A customers registers for the loyalty program.
- The new loyalty member receives an email promoting the loyalty program and encouraging a purchase.
- Loyalty members not making a purchase in 7 days are sent a reminder email.
Activating the Tactic
- Activate the purchase action "First Loyalty purchase" at Add-ons > Actions.
- Create an "Onboarding - Initial" and an "Onboarding - Reminder" email campaign.
- Insert the personalization tokens of the purchase action into the email campaigns.
Further channels are planned to be included in the tactic program.
- Make sure that the relevant relational segment is selected in the recurring filter node to select the user who joined one day ago.
- Swap the email in the Tactic with your "Onboarding - Initial" campaign.
- Set the wait time of the Wait nodes to 7 days.
- Use a filter switch node and create a segment of contacts who have not purchased in the last 8 days.
- Swap the email in the Tactic with your "Onboarding - Reminder" campaign (be sure to include your "First loyalty purchase" action tokens).
- Activate the Tactic.
The program uses a Predict segment, but you have the option to use a Smart Insight segment as well, which will also include offline purchases.
Tips & hints
As the first step of creating content for this Loyalty Onboarding Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under the Loyalty tab.