This Tactic increases customer engagement with the loyalty program and drives customers to redeem their points for rewards before they expire.
It supports the Customer lifecycle objective by contributing to the strategies below:
- Increase retention
- Reduce customer churn
- Drive web traffic
- Win back inactive customers
- Win back defecting customers
- A Loyalty member customer gets close to losing status points because of the status point recalculation settings.
- The member receives an email about the deadline closing in.
Automation Center program
Activating the Tactic
- Create a "Points about to expire" email campaign.
- Insert the Loyalty status tokens into the email campaigns.
Further channels are planned to be included in the tactic program.
- Create the segment for contacts with points about to expire. Make sure you are aligned with your Loyalty plan settings.
- Swap the email in the Tactic with your "Points about to expire" campaign (be sure to include your Loyalty status tokens).
- Apply the settings in Loyalty management.
- Activate the Tactic.
The program uses a Relational segment with the template: “Points about to expire”.
As this program runs daily, be sure to keep a reasonable period of reentry into this program in the participation settings.
Tips & hints
As the first step of creating content for this Points about to expire Tactic, you can get some inspiration and creative ideas at Emarsys Inspirations under the Loyalty tab.